DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I decided to try ceramic brake pads in the front of my 2001 2.7 Intrepid. Well about a month ago, I was getting some serious shaking when I applied the brakes hard so I knew the rotors were warped. Well, when I did a brake job this weekend, and took the brakes off I found that the ceramic pads weren't worn down that much at all, but the rotors especially on the backs of them were toast.... there were like pits.... like some chunks of the rotors had come off. Also looked like a little glazing. So I don't know....maybe defective rotors? I put new rotors on when I did the brakes. Has anyone else had problems when using ceramic pads?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Which pads and rotors did you use?

When I tried out the original friction formula for the Bendix CT-3 pads, they were a bit agressive. They performed sweet but chewed up the rotor. However, there was no pitting or glazing. We have since than changed the formula to a dramatically better one.

I have heard many instances where some cheap Chinese rotors would behave similar to what you describe.

What exactly do you mean by the "backs of them"? Do you mean the side of the rotor that is facing in towards the car? If so, you may have a sticky caliper. Was there any blueing on the rotor?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they were probably crap rotors...wearever was the brand I think. Just didn't have $71 per rotor for Bendix's at the time. Yes, the sides facing the motor, and no, wasn't a sticking caliper because it was both rotors the same way and the pads were worn evenly.....also no pull to one side. .. @#%$&! chinese garbage. Whatever happened to made in frickin U.S, of A ?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts