DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u guy's suggest for a 1st gen, Tokico Performance Shocks or KYB's GR-2 Performance Shocks?

All I want is a ride similar to the one I have right now, It's a 94 ES with the Touring Suspension

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the stuff because my rear struts are shot to hell, the car bounces all over the place.

As for OEM, from what I hear in my area the diff between OEM and Performance is $50 - $100 canadian. So i'm willing to dish out some extra cash for better handling but I don't want a harsh ride (I don't want to break my back over every bump I hit in the road)

One thing is for sure, I DO NOT want to put Chrysler suspension parts on my car ever again. My car's 7 years old and it failed. My 1985 Nissan Maxima still has it's original suspension, it's a little mushy now, but it's no where near as dangerous as my Intrepid.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out the Koni adjustable ones and they're starting to look good.

I'm also planning on getting the Eibach lowering springs, if they're not much more expensive than OEM.

Does anyone know a good performance spring/strut combination for our cars?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
there is a reason that KYB struts are cheap.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 97 sport platinum:
there is a reason that KYB struts are cheap.
What do you know about them? How are they compared to OEM?

·
Registered
587 Posts
There is nothing wrong with KYB Struts. They are actually great struts, and all the guys on the site that have em are very pleased with them. I have "heard" that the Koni struts match up better with the Eibachs, but that is only heresay. My buddy is a mechanic and he says that KYB are MUCH better quality than Tokiko. AND, if you look at your stock struts, many of the ones used on the Intrepid have the name "Tokiko" just underneath the Chrysler symbol. I'm not sure if mine do, but I know some of the other guys on the site that have em. Interesting huh?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the little i know about the KYBs is also heresay. from what i understand the Konis is what you want for the Eibachs.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided to go for the KYB, it comes with lifetime warranty and they're $90 canadian, while the Koni's are $200+ canadian. I can't afford the Koni's.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

1 - 11 of 11 Posts