DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may now, for a long time coming Ive had an issue with my steering wheel as well as my right front wheel. If you dont know, a quick history is that after I had my steering rack replaced, the steering wheel had to be held slightly to the left to get the car straight. Also, with the naked eye, you could tell that my front right wheel was not aligned right with my left.

This however worsened when I had my new rims and tires installed and aligned. Now the wheel is PERMANENTLY at about a 45 degree angle, and at times needs to be moved even farther to get the car straight. The front right wheel is still not aligned right, and to add to that I get a little play here and there with the steering.

After some much read over posts by Peva and a few other members, I decided to hell with it and took it to Chrysler. The first time I took it to Pep Boys, they told me it was inner tie rod bushings. A fellow member at the 300M club site did mine so I shrugged that off. Later on, same shop told me it was the sleeve on the right wheel. So I went directly to the dealership.

I just came back, and the result is..........::drum roll please::

They dont know.

They could not pinpoint the problem, all they could do was guess. I am now officially out of options, as the car has been to Pep Boys, Chrysler, meineke, and 2 local shops whom I know the owners.

·
Registered
780 Posts
my car has pulled to the right since day 1 if that makes you feel better....warranty replaced struts (thats the dealers idea what the problem was) along with multiple alignments it's still the same. The obvious answer im sick of hearing is "the crown of the road will make you go to the right" ya right well even in a parking lot it'll drift to the side

·
Registered
250 Posts
speaking of steering. maybe one of you guys would, iv only herd of this one time and thought it wont happend to my car. but it did. well its like in the steering whell inside the car maybe in the colum, when i turn the wheel i hear this i dont know have this faint whining noise i guess you could say and ideas.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
speaking of steering. maybe one of you guys would, iv only herd of this one time and thought it wont happend to my car. but it did. well its like in the steering whell inside the car maybe in the colum, when i turn the wheel i hear this i dont know have this faint whining noise i guess you could say and ideas.
Im gonna guess springs need replacement.

And update update

Meineke redid my alignment, and the steering is back to center. Okay okay nothings perfect so its still 0.001 inches off, but I no longer have to build a muscular set of arms to hold the darned thing straight. It obviously still pulls on roads that are heavily crowned, but overall its good!

·
Premium Member
18,248 Posts
Dave - I can't emphasize how important it is to get 'before' and 'after' printouts of the alignments when you get them done. That tells you what you need to know - if nothing else, it elminates a lot of things that you can quit guessing about - and usually it will tell you what the problem is - which I am sure it would have done in your case. Your having the numbers puts you in control of the problem and diagnosis, and it stops the B.S. explanations from the shops. BTDT - but no more. If a shop won't agree in advance to give you the printouts, there's your first clue you have the wrong shop - find another shop.

silver02crazytrep - see my reply in your thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.