DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,

We've created this forum so you can post up about all of the tools you use to work on your LH cars, what you've got in your arsenal, special tools, good deals, and whats new and exciting.

Be sure to post up where you do all your work and discuss mods, improvements to your shop/garage as well!!

Dont forget about the safety aspect of it, post up what you do to stay safe while wrenching, safety tips, and dont hesitate to include those "what not to do" scenarios!! With pics!

·
Registered
36 Posts
please wear safety glasses. It only takes one little bit of junk or a spring or fluid under pressure. My glasses have saved my eyes many times. Now to get that hammer to hit intended target instead of my hand....

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I was watching a tech work on one of our pumps. Mindful of the potential for flying chips, I moved my eyes out of the line of flight of any chips just before each impact. A few strokes in I felt a drop of the cutting oil splat on my forehead. The tech looked up, turned a light gray and started yelling for help. It seems a chip (not oil) had smoothly arched through the air and wedged itself in my forehead. Just a flesh wound, but plenty of blood.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I was watching a tech work on one of our pumps. Mindful of the potential for flying chips, I moved my eyes out of the line of flight of any chips just before each impact. A few strokes in I felt a drop of the cutting oil splat on my forehead. The tech looked up, turned a light gray and started yelling for help. It seems a chip (not oil) had smoothly arched through the air and wedged itself in my forehead. Just a flesh wound, but plenty of blood.
My goofy BIL did that while hammering out a center pin on an old Chevy diff lotsa years ago. Yes! Very bloody for a flesh wound!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts