DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the reservoir replaced. The mechanic connected the top hose to the vacuum lines. Once the car got to temp it died. I disconnected it and limped home. Where exactly does that hose go? P.s. it started right up today and drove fine.

·
Woober Goobers!
52,012 Posts
You're lucky you didn't hydrolock the engine!

·
Woober Goobers!
52,012 Posts
I don't have access to my manuals so can't provide info on where the hoses connect. Maybe someone else can help out with that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had the reservoir replaced. The mechanic connected the top hose to the vacuum lines. Once the car got to temp it died. I disconnected it and limped home. Where exactly does that hose go? P.s. it started right up today and drove fine.
You're super lucky! I don't know these cars quite as well as some other users on here but it's a really good thing it's ok now. I would still monitor the car to see if any issues do come up so you can take it right back to the shop where you had that revisor replaced. Tjhis is why I like trying to do stuff myself if I have time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have a hanes manual at my disposal. Do you know and/or have a photo of the location of said vacuum hose? It would make it a little easier to look up where it might lead.
Thanks for the help. I think I have it figured out. Evidently, there's a check valve or something in the fitting. I'm guessing that fitting has to be replaced. I say check valve but I actually think it's a little bb or something.

·
Premium Member
18,491 Posts
Perhaps it's the vacuum hose that's supposed to go to your brake booster. Comes from driver's side of intake plenum. There is a check valve on the brake booster end - it's usually white, but might be grey or black.

Or it could be the PCV hose. If so, the check valve is the PCV valve (would be black).

Reactions: Ronbo

·
Premium Member
18,491 Posts
The hose that should go to your coolant reservoir should either come from side port of a tee fitting that is in line with the heater core supply hose, or, if your PCV hose has a metal cylinder (heat exchanger) in line with it, there are two side ports on the heat exchanger that that hose that goes to the coolant reservoir is spliced in line with - IOW, rubber hose from tee fitting of heater core hose goes to side port of PCV heat exchanger, second hose goes from other side port of PCV heat exchanger to coolant reservoir. If your car is an earlier year ('98 thru 2000 or 2001), it would not have the heat exchanger. Later years would have the heat exchanger.

Here's what the heat exchanger looks like - red arrow shows port for hose from heater core tee, green arrow is hose that goes to coolant reservoir (assembly shown is for 2.7; hoses would have different curves for 3.2/3.5). the two in-line hoses are the PCV hose - one comes from driver's side valve cover, other one goes to PCV valve:
Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar Electric blue Wood Toy

Here's a sketch from the FSM showing the heat exchanger installed (hose from heater core hose tee is hidden) - also shown in a 2.7 - would look very similar for 3.2/3.5 - again, hose shapes and routing would be slightly different:
Gesture Font Art Motor vehicle Line art

Sketch of coolant system from FSM. Hose (item 1) is hose from heater core hose tee to coolant reservoir without PCV heat exchanger. If had heat exchanger, that hose would be cut in the middle and conndcted to the two side ports of the heat exchanger:
Line Font Auto part Parallel Machine

• Helpful
Reactions: Ronbo
1 - 10 of 10 Posts