DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had my car cutt-off at 115mph or 118mph or what ever the cutt-off really is.One night me and my friend are crusing down 95,and he is like how fast is this car? So i floor it,quickly i get to 115mph expecting a cutt-off,but it keeps on goin.I hit 120mph and was like jesus this thing is fast,i'm lookin at my speedo seein that the arrow is bouncing back and forth,and as i was petal to the metal i was deff. going faster and faster than 120mph :bigsmile:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Only about 120mph!!! I went over 135mph for over 2 miles on my friends Yamaha RD500YPVS. As to what my trep will do I have no idea and do not really care its quite fast enough and I would not want to mess my car up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm drivin a base model 99 intrepid no engine mods at all.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Speed limiters are usually there because of the speed rating on your tires. I know on the new Grand Prixs, GT1 and GT2, they cut out at like 120 or so. I have a GTP Comp G that comes with V rated tires, so there is no limiter there. I know it can go over 140 before hitting a limiter.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
hmm, sounds good, i know for sure i made 115 or more on my trep racing my freinds EXPODITION NO-BOUNDRIES EDITION and he is quick with that v8, but i still got up their without cutting off and i loved it, only thing is when i stoped my car smelled like burning rubber and stuff, hehe

ALi

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
irishred said:
generally, but the police package intrepids aren't limited and have a top speed of 135, but they also have the tires to handle it
The police package Intrepids ARE limited to like 120MPH or so..............the tires they use are H??? rated I think.

Intrepid R/T's aren't though and are capable of speeds over 140MPH ;) (I wouldn't know about that though ;) )

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Avenger said:
The police package Intrepids ARE limited to like 120MPH or so..............the tires they use are H??? rated I think.

Intrepid R/T's aren't though and are capable of speeds over 140MPH ;) (I wouldn't know about that though ;) )
I wonder what Michigan State did to their police Treps before testing them? Their test results shows 135MPH top speed over a 2 mile (?) run ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a police officer and my department has a 2003 police package intrepid. I have had the car to 135mph responding to calls with no problems. The police package units do not have a limiter and use Goodyear Eagle RS-A+ tires

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
john33822 said:
I am a police officer and my department has a 2003 police package intrepid. I have had the car to 135mph responding to calls with no problems. The police package units do not have a limiter and use Goodyear Eagle RS-A+ tires
Which village are you from? :baaa:

Just playing. Really though, what city are you a police officer in?

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I wouldn't think the police package cars would be limited. If so, why would they need 150mph speedos? Wouldn't make sense to me...

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
new they are only available to fleet and police agencies, but you can find them on ebay now and then, i believe there is one on there now

1 - 20 of 35 Posts