DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet again, another article saying Intrepids are targeted. It explains why so many people here have had their cars stolen...

http://www.statefarm.com/insuranc/auto/stolen.htm

Cadillac Escalade & Nissan Maxima are Top Theft Targets
The 2002-03 model Cadillac Escalade EXT and the 2003-03 model Nissan Maxima have the highest theft claim rates among newer passenger vehicles, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the Highway Loss Data Institute. The Escalade and Maxima have theft claim rates seven to eight times the average for all cars.

Highest Theft Claim Frequencies, 2001-03 Model Passenger Vehicles

* Cadillac Escalade EXT
* Nissan Maxima
* Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Sebring
* Dodge Intrepid

Lowest Theft Claim Frequencies, 2001-03 Model Passenger Vehicles

* Buick LeSabre
* Buick Park Avenue
* Ford Taurus
* Buick Rendezvous 4WD
* Saturn LW

**Source: The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety & The Highway Loss Data Institute

:notify: :icon_sad:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Honestly, if you have a Club, people don't even bother thinking about taking your car.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
i hate clubs. there freaking ugly. pluss all you have to do is cut the stearing wheel in one place and your club is off.

the break pedal club is much better and cannot be simply cut out like the wheel club can.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
i live in iowa, lol i have an alarm, so when people see the little red light they stay away, simple as that

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I have a viper alarm..and if you press lock once..it just goes beep..but if you press it 3 times..it makes a short alarm siren..so if im in a place that i think is a threat..i press it 3 times

·
Registered
952 Posts
Glad I own a Taurus :p

·
Registered
603 Posts
i kinda want a taurus now...but only if its an SHO.
The exterior differences between a normail taurus and an SHO i think are barely noticeable to ordinary car thiefs so i dont think the theft rate would be different.
SHO...SRT...SHO...SRT...hmmm...hey firespirit, what was the last year they made SHO's? j/w

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
* Buick LeSabre
* Buick Park Avenue
* Ford Taurus
* Buick Rendezvous 4WD
* Saturn LW

Haha nobody wants that ****

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I have a feeling the Intrepid is only on the list simply because there are SO many of them around.

--Gorm

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
* Buick LeSabre
* Buick Park Avenue
* Ford Taurus
* Buick Rendezvous 4WD
* Saturn LW

Haha nobody wants that ****
exactly what i was going to say...nobody wants those...hence why they are least likely...sorry ashley ;)

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Gorm said:
I have a feeling the Intrepid is only on the list simply because there are SO many of them around.

--Gorm
yea, but there are plenty of taurus's around as well, and they made the bottom of the list...

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Maybe...but it seems to me like Ford has been doing a better job on OEM car security. Even my 99 SE had a security thing.

--Gorm

·
Registered
26 Posts
yo i dont understand why the buick park ave is on the low list, i had one for my last car and it was as nice if not nicer that my caddy before it. (if you havnt noticed i tend to own large cars cause i am a big dude)

·
Registered
952 Posts
i kinda want a taurus now...but only if its an SHO.
The exterior differences between a normail taurus and an SHO i think are barely noticeable to ordinary car thiefs so i dont think the theft rate would be different.
SHO...SRT...SHO...SRT...hmmm...hey firespirit, what was the last year they made SHO's? j/w
Last year was '99. But personally I'd never get a '99 SHO.. too many "cost saving" deletes. However, it's pretty easy to tell a stock SHO from a stock SLO. Take the infamous "Maxi-pad" spoiler in the back. SHO specific. As well as the front lip in the bumper (see sig)

exactly what i was going to say...nobody wants those...hence why they are least likely...sorry ashley
It's okay sweetie, I still wuv you! :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts