DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One other crucial tool that belongs in garages. What do you guys have?

I picked up a CDI torque wrench, 50-250 ft lbs a little while back. CDI is now the maker of Snap On's wrenches. The ratchet head on this one is a bit different from the snap on but the torque mechanism is identical.

I still need to invest in a good inch pound wrench, but I've got the big one.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,433 Posts
Snap-On 1/2 inch drive, and a Matco 3/8 drive. Need to get an inch-lbs wrench to complete it eventually. Had one but it was stolen.

For the most part, for inch lb jobs, the Matco 3/8 does fine, but would be nicer to have the smaller inch lb wrench for tight areas.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The handle on that snap on is indeed the exact same as on my CDI.

When Doug checked the accuracy of my CDI he said is was well above even the factory certified specs, byaah!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,433 Posts
The handle on that snap on is indeed the exact same as on my CDI.

When Doug checked the accuracy of my CDI he said is was well above even the factory certified specs, byaah!
I bought it off of the tool truck 6 years ago. It has only needed one recalibration since. CDI FTW! I need to find out who makes them for Matco as well.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well since I'm very happy with my purchase of the CDI, I'm starting to look into one to cover the lower ranges. They have one that is 5-75 ft lbs but a very similar wrench. I'm in no hurry but I'll start poking around to try to find a killer deal like I did on my other one.

http://www.protorquetools.com/Prod-18-1-145-109/CDI_Micrometer_Adjustable_Torque_Wrenches_-_Dual_Scale_38_Dr_5-75_ftlb.htm?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=752MFRMH

Maybe a model smaller though, there are a lot of options.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
One other crucial tool that belongs in garages. What do you guys have?

I picked up a CDI torque wrench, 50-250 ft lbs a little while back. CDI is now the maker of Snap On's wrenches. The ratchet head on this one is a bit different from the snap on but the torque mechanism is identical.

I still need to invest in a good inch pound wrench, but I've got the big one.
Very accurate wrench. Less than 1% error at full range ccw.

·
Registered
36 Posts
snap on tech wrench 3/8- snap-on quick set (little knob on the side and a dial) 1/2 inch- 600 ft lb 3/4 drive from Grainger. 4 to 1 Williams torque multiplier

1 - 10 of 10 Posts