DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals

As you know, I provide a replacement intake system for 3.2/3.5L engines (maybe 2.7 too if I could see one) Ottowkr, is the intake from the TB to the airbox the same on the 2.7L?

Anyways, I am inquiring if you would like me to explore a total Intake system replacement?

It would use the current replacment intake, modified with a K&N (thus the stock airbox is deleted) and a heat shield for cold air supply.

It would cost more obviously.

Feedback appreciated!

·
Registered
63 Posts
man that will be great to make a full intake for our cars and with a k&n. great idea, i know with this project it will give the car more power. great idea. lead the way GR8WHT

·
Registered
336 Posts
That sounds pretty cool Steve, you already have ideas on enclosing a K&N?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would be interested also, just wondering if you could order the other parts since I already have an intake on order from you.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad, yep, an aluminum housing which uses the stock mounting points too. Got a ways to go, fabrication, producability, cost, Dyno # etc. I already have an aluminum supplier, so its a mater of design and test. You know me, nothing half baked.

I think it would be a good idea, to have the two models.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BK, I planed it that way, if you have System I you can attach the System II. So you can have what you want that way.

Also it will be designed so there are no car mods (except the breather hose) so if you do need to take it off for some reason, the stock system will fit fine again.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The only diffrence on the intake on a 2.7 is the size of the opening on the TB . All other parts are identical on all 98 to present LH cars.FYI- as we started building 2002 cars today , they now have a air temp sensor placed inline on the intake hose near the TB.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I can't speak for 2002 models but i just checked my booklet they gave me when I looked at an R/T a month ago and it even shows the two different 2.7 engine dyno curves and even says the 2.7 in the ES has the active intake manifold and thats what gives it the extra power. Go to your local dealer for yourself if you want to see.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't know much at all about the Intrepid intakes. What exactly is the K&N aspect of this? Do you mean somehow working with K&N parts, or just adding the filter (obviously not, since you are developing your own stuff)? The only engine "mod" I have done so far is the K&N filter.

Also, I'm thinking of ordering the "System 1" now while you work on the addition. How long would it take to get here, and do you accept PayPal, or just snail mail payments.

heh, maybe I just should have sent you an e-mail. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts