DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 99 intrepid got hit on the right side rocker panel right under the front passengers door the car has 470,000 km on it the engine has 290,000 the car will be a right off wont it ? i could just fix it with some filler but insurance obv doesnt use filler the would replace the hole thing would they right it off ?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Most likely. It don't take much.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
They can write it off, then you can decide to keep it by settling for a smaller payout. Then just fix it yourself for cheap and pocked the cash.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They can write it off, then you can decide to keep it by settling for a smaller payout. Then just fix it yourself for cheap and pocked the cash.
yeah i did that a few times but was just wondering what other though since im almost sure its a write off

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I dunno, I know a guy that has a 95 olds aurora with 375,000km, SGI decided to fix it for him...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
if you want us to tell you if it's totaled or not. Yes.
well i mean its pritty straight forward just the rocker panel needs to be replaced oh and i got a cash settlement for the fender a while back just though id through that in still need to polish it but if the rocker panel totels off the car it might be time to let go of my 99 trep thats bin with my for 10 years and half a million km :evenin:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
That is damage? I really don't see how that would total it. It looks like nothing but paint chips.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Upon seeing pics I don't think that will total it.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
being a old body man,, i see maybe,, 400.00 in damage plus a can of Krylon

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ahhh i like this car to much to let go right know im fixing the bumper before it goes in lol post pics soon but its still going in for the rocker since alot of people think it wont be totaled from the rocker pics of bumper soon Thanks guys lol the bumper was suposed to be fixed a while back haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts