DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i havent been on in a looooooong time since i got rid of my intrepid cause she died :LAME: i know... so im buying a new car... about time... and i cant decide between two cars... either a '00 Chrysler 300M, or a '97-'00 Chrysler Sebring convertible... i want the 300 cause its obviously way faster than the sebring AND my old 1st gen trep.... but i really want the sebring cause its a convertible.... so i was just hoping to get some feedback and see what you guys think... please tell me why you think one is better over the other with specific reasons.... thanks!!!!!! all yer time is really appreciated!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
300m!!! GET THE 300!!! DUDE **** THE SEBRING. Seriously tho, the 300m probably offers more room, more speed, a better ride, just about everything bigger or better then the sebring

·
Registered
684 Posts
Personally for me it would be easy - the convertible. I've always wanted one and the Sebrings are beautiful. All you are going to get is personal opinions here. There are so many factors in your decision

i.e.
Do you need space? The 300M has more people and cargo space.
You live in Chicago, so the convertible will be up all winter.
Even things like the type of neighbourhood you live in, if it's a bit shady you might not want a convertible.

But I would easily pick the Sebring simply for the luxury of the open air all summer long.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
When I was shopping for a car back in 1999, my first choice was a Seabring convertable. I decided to get the Intrepid because 1) I couldn't find one in the color I wanted and noone would deal on one. 2) Because I live in Michigan and how often will I really get to have the top down?

Looking back on my decision, as nice as it would be to have the top down, I'm glad I went with the Intrepid. The Intrepid has more room, has more power, looks better, and the power sunroof gets me a little of that top down feel. :)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The 300M. Plus if you like to drive hard. The conv's have a lot of body flex. I almost got a Sebring (got the PT instead for the wife) . But after drivng a few. I did not like the handling at all. The car does not feel sure footed at all in the corners.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Duh, buy the 300 and cut the roof off!!! No seriously, personally I would go with the 300 just because I love the lh's and the sebring always struck me as a chick/old person car.

·
Registered
279 Posts
300M.....It's a no brainer.

J

·
0 Posts
Jeez. 300!!! Sebring: " .. it's just my mom's ride.."

Top Down only like 2 outta 12 months.

Sunroof, all seasons!!
More Power!
More safety!
More room!
More versatility!
More Car!

Cmon man..
You're having what's called "a new car itch - something different"
That Top Down is gonna loose it's charm after awhile..
I guarantee it.. You're gonna start wishing for upgrades, mods and things that don't fit. I just don't know if that will be before or after the top breaks, rips or starts leaking.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
300M!!! Ask Froggy about Sebring engines, he'll be glad to give you the lowdown.

You want open air, buy a motorcycle. Lots more fun than a convertable!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
i say the convertible. i had one once and miss it everytime i see one with top down. i had mine down on any day above 50 degrees which in iowa, is about 8 months out of the year. depending on your age/single, etc. they are a chick magnet. put the top down on any friday or sat nite and see how many looks you get. man to be younger again!!!!!!!
it will all come down to your personal choice. anyone can give you a horror story about an engine, but if U take care of it, there should never be any worries. good luck with the conv.....i mean decision!!!!

--rudy--

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ahhaha well yes a little nuts... but its all very helpful! i appreciate it all every1! and ive decided on the 300m.... i went for a ride in one and love it... now i just gotta find one with the right price tag!

THANKS AGAIN EVERY1!!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Yes, a convertible is VERY tempting. Probably a great pussywagon, (convertibles always are) but a 300m is just classy, way more room, and better power like previously mentioned. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts