DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
eh...beginning of post 2.7 dies on highway, Someone is gunna be pissed anyway lol now they can get a 3.5 and es bumper, this is no accident, this is oppurtunity knocking

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,432 Posts
:doh: Should have used ramping under the front wheels.....these cars cut it real close in front going up the flatbed.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When i had my 1st gen towed when my CV shaft broke off the dude damaged my front bumper and dented the it upward, while it was going on the flatbed. Friggin sucked, had to buy a new 1 from the yard.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,550 Posts
Looks like inexperienced idiot tow truck driver tried to hook to bumper fascia not knowing its plastic, styrofoam & some aluminum framing behind.
Take money from case against his company's insurance and upgrade to an ES bumper and hook up some foglights with new headlight switch!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I've had both of my treps towed and no problems at all. However on my old trep you can see where they chained down the rear end of the car. Made the rear bumper have a off center sag from where the chain was rubbing on it.

I watched both times my cars were towed, a long chain was used to go on each side of the cradle then the wench was connected to the chain.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I hope I never have to tow my Special. I can only imagine the fight I would have with them when they see that it's lowered and has the special lower cladding. Ramps aren't even an option with it.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
a mere excuse to get an es bumper!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drive a truck for CAA/AAA. We keep wood boards on board our flatbeds to use as a "step" when loading all low clearance vehicle onto the flatbed. Had this guy used them, the tension from the cable would not have lifted and popped the front fascia. Carelessness and laziness.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Did any of you guys notice he has ES wheels?

I had my oil pan cracked by a tow truck. It went in because the ignition cylinder seized up (while not at home, grr) and needed replaced. The dealership gets the car and calls saying wtf did you do, you've been driving it with no oil. I say, umm sorry I don't think so, and I didn't crack the oil pan.

We had to follow the path of the tow truck, see the huge oil spill where it happened, call AAA and have them chase down the tow truck driver to have him take a look and see his truck was covered in oil, then the whole repair was no questions asked paid for by AAA. Doh'!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Once again, carelessness was involved here. There is something called a Panpillow, basically a rubber reinforced bladder which fits between the car lift and the oil pan. This invention invented by a tow truck driver, and made him millions and was made just for that purpose. Some vehicles have low oil pan clearances on the lift and that would be the solution. I have towed many intrepids without it and have had no problems.On the other hand if you drove like a mad man and hit all the potholes on the way to the garage, the constant bottoming of the oil pan against the lift would probably destroy it. It would HAVE to be used if the front suspension was weak as well. This is all on my wrecker mind you, but flatbeds are still the safest way to go, just don't call that dude up there lol.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,432 Posts
Did any of you guys notice he has ES wheels?

I had my oil pan cracked by a tow truck. It went in because the ignition cylinder seized up (while not at home, grr) and needed replaced. The dealership gets the car and calls saying wtf did you do, you've been driving it with no oil. I say, umm sorry I don't think so, and I didn't crack the oil pan.

We had to follow the path of the tow truck, see the huge oil spill where it happened, call AAA and have them chase down the tow truck driver to have him take a look and see his truck was covered in oil, then the whole repair was no questions asked paid for by AAA. Doh'!
When I worked for AAA, drivers busted oil pans regularly, especially on Chrysler vehicles, where the oil pans are one of the most vulnerable due to their location...keep your foot too heavy in the fuel, and it will bounce on the wheelift, and blow the oil or trans pan....common sense. Take it slow, and tilt it, and the oil pan will be fine. Many are reckless, and just trying to get the tow done so they can get as many calls in as possible. The key is to be fast and not cause damage, but that is not very common, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts