DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will most likely be buying a used fixer-upper 19' boat here in the next couple of days, and I was wondering if anyone has ever towed a boat this large. I know the car is rated at 2000lb towing capacity, but I'm not sure what the boat is rated at. I doubt the whole thing weighs more than 2k, but ya never know. Anyways, I live 5 minutes from the marina, so its not a long drive at all, 30mph all the way. Ideas?

·
Registered
472 Posts
well I don't know how it turned out but I once saw a guy with a 3.3L trep pulling an aerostream trailer (the kind that looks like a big tin can with rounded ends). He was doing 110km/h with it on the highway and it was somewhere about the 22-26 foot long model.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find any weight info on the boat, but I did find weight on the engine. Its an aluminum-block, iron headed 3.7L 4cyl, which weights 435 pounds. I think the whole boat and trailer is probably right around the 2k limit.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Just be sure to have a suspension in top shape, and a transmisison cooler if you're to be towing any kind of loads. Be sure to be precise on that limit, otherwise braking and turning might become rather tricky.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I would find a truck to pull it. I wouldnt want to tempt it with my car, you could even pay somone to do it, such as a friend or somone down the road who has a truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts