DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok question for ya, I switch the button from the ES to my car for the traction control and I press the button but nothing lights up on the info display. do you need the tranny from the ES for that?

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Does your car have the traction control already? You cant just switch the trim piece and button and have it

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it didnt have it before but I could see it in the info display, just where the button was supposed to be I didnt have a button.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does your car have the traction control already? You cant just switch the trim piece and button and have it
ahh ok well thats what I did, I just thought I could do that...

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
You have to add a little bit more than just the button to get it to work -- sounds like you have the lamps already in the instrument cluster -- so, you would need the traction control module itself, if you have ABS already it should be plug and play after that.

If you dont have ABS to start with -- then you would basically have to replace the vehicle wiring harness with one that has ABS, along with adding the ABS halfshafts, sensors, master cylinder, control module, and wiring.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Even if you do has ABS, you still have alot to swap out.

My 1995 ABS Teves Brake System manual for the Concorde, LHS, NY, Intrepid, and Eagle Vision lists on page 3 the differences between ABS without TC and ABS with TC.

There are two systems. The Mark IV with LTCS (low speed traction control system) and the Mark IVG system without traction control.

The manual states that the controllers are different. A non-TC controller has a white label and a TC controller has an orange label. The part numbers are also different.

A system with traction control will have a booster with a pedal travel sensor. A non TC system does not have one. The master cylinders are also different.

The HCU's (hyd. control unit) are not the same. There is one for an ABS system and another for ABS & LTCS combined.

Add in the TC wiring, lamps and other do-dads it would take some time and a lot of bucks to convert a non-TC car to TC.

Not worth it IMHO. But if you have time and money go for it !!!!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
where is the traction control module?????
Behind the bumper on the drivers side, below the engine/trans ECUs. It is just a brake line manifold if you dont have traction control-- or just the ABS pump.

According to this thread, post 18, if you already have ABS, all you need is the button and traction control module -- everything else is there.

I found the plug and wiring in my dash for the button too. So, if thats true and you already have ABS, its pretty easy to add traction control.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha so you put the button in with no wires connected to it???
no, had the wire connections everythng was there. just plug N play, thats why I thought I could put it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts