DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 ES with all the trimmings (except for the battery heater) and I've broken my Traction Control button off twice in 6 months.

Given that I live in the land of liquid sunshine, it does come in handy from time to time. However, there are those times when it kicks in too early and I lose power to the wheels at inopportune times - such as going through puddles, doing the hill climb downtown, and dealing with the second worst traffic in the nation. Thus my need to disable it frequently.

Does anyone else have the problem of the Traction Control button breaking off of the plastic dash and falling into the crevice behind it? Is it just me or is the fastener for that button poorly designed?

·
Registered
602 Posts
damn dude, that sucks. I'm pretty sure the button, perhaps not design is the same in the 99ES I had before it got wrecked. I used to disable it from time to time when it was like "whoooo, we bout to drift"! But anyway I used to disable it for the same reasons as you describe every once and a while. Never had that problem, perhaps your assembly is defective or the 2000 has a cheaper design or you have a hell of a strong finger. Not exactly sure, if it's under warranty you should be able to take it in and have them replace it or it may be a cheap fix if otherwise. Good luck!

MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could very well be the fumble-finger syndrome. Picture a 6'5" 275-pounder trying to gently press the button during an avoidance manuever on the Seattle freeways in rush-hour. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
when I took my dash comvers off, and reinstalled them I pushed it, and it pushed through, take the dash pannel off and try to make it fit, thats all I did.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Pop the button out, renforce it with super glue. I do it all the time on you know it's going to break plastic door hinges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts