DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 Intrepid does not have ABS or traction control. (To my knowledge, you have to have ABS to have traction control and I see no indication of it, the ABS and traction control lights on the dash don't come on when I turn on the key, there is no fuse for ABS in the panel, I see no solenoids by the master cylinder.) Now on the dash there is a little round rocker switch which is usually used to switch the traction control on and off. The switch is only marked with a '1' and a '0' (like is used to indicate on and off on some computer equipment for example). I can't see anything that it switches on or off. Does anyone have any suggestion what this switch does? Is that switch ever used for anything else by the factory?

The previous owner had neon lights under the front seats and I'm thinking that perhaps he installed that switch to turn them on and off, but I'm hoping that the switch actually controls something else that I don't know about yet. The neons under the front seat are by the way, gone now.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
pull out the switch and see if anything is hooked to it,,,or it could just be a dummy for looks,, let us know
thanks

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
That switch is absolutely not factory. The only switch you will ever find in that spot from the factory is a pushbutton switch that says "trac off" Unless ther is some other aftermarket accessory installed, I think its a safe bet that the switch was for the neons

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
That switch is absolutely not factory. The only switch you will ever find in that spot from the factory is a pushbutton switch that says "trac off" Unless ther is some other aftermarket accessory installed, I think its a safe bet that the switch was for the neons
At the very least, it's a tasteful installation, the switch looks like it belongs there. You're probably right that it was for the neons. I have the prior owner's name and address, I'm just not sure I want to contact him over something like this.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
That is actually an excellent spot to mount the switch, and he is definitely not the first person to do it. I know some members have used it for neons and also for the power antenna. I mounted my neon switch inside my console but I though about putting it on the dash. Look at it this way, now you have an excuse to add something that requires an on/off switch!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point - but what to install that needs a switch....? Might make a great 'hide in plain sight' last-ditch ignition kill switch, though the car has a security system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts