DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you install tracytion control on a non trac. con. equipped vehicle? i know that there are wires where the switch is, but is it anything more involved? Thanks, David

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Hmm i do not know for sure but i think that it is also a different ABS pump all together, along with different ABS sensors? I am pretty sure about the pump but am not sure about the sensors. Also the a computer difference i think as well

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh well screw that then. i thought it would be as simple plugging in the switch. o well. i dont need it, i just thought it would be kinda cool.
David

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Nope, I bought a switch for mine hoping it would make the trac lights work, but it doesn't even do that. Like gr8crash said... you do have to change out the ABS pump to an ABS+Trac pump. I don't think the wheel sensors are different though I may be wrong. I think there may be a setting on the PCM also, that would have to be changed by the dealer, don't quote me there either though.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
To get traction Control into a car that doesnt have it you need:

ABS pump With Traction
ABS computer Mark Teves with TC
Master Cylinder with Traction (there are different valves in it)
Sensors are the same
dealer flash or PCM from a car that came with it
Last, a trac switch

Not worth it... the traction control in the LH isnt advanced like the trac in say a Benz where it retards timing, stops throttle, changes tranny gear and if all else fails, then applies the brakes... The trac in the LH is good, but not worth the aggrivation...

Then after everything is installed the system would need to be bled by someone who has a DRB to pump the motor... PITA!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:werdsign: i know you would think it would have it but... oh well, i dont need it i just thought it would be cool.
David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts