DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in the 05 GTO i got last January for a brand new 2006 C6 Corvette. Picked up the Vette on wed 3/22.

Black with Black leather. 18s in the front, 285/35/19s in the back (polished alum wheels with run flat Goodyear F1s.) It also has the new option, 6 Speed Paddle shift auto

Heres a pic:

Ill have more pics soon....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It all happened so fast. I fell in love with the C6s last year when they debuted. I was curious on Friday what would my payments be if I did a trade in and cash for downpayment...After running numbers I realized I could afford it (I am financing it, not leasing)....I pulled the trigger Sat night, and picked it up Wed 3.22.06. The Goat had 11K miles..perfect condition..I know I am crazy for trading it in...BUT ITS A BRAND NEW C6 Vette!!!

(my insurance only went up .50 cents every six months, lol)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Unreal

·
Registered
467 Posts
1. beautiful car, perfect color
2. why not a Z06? :D
3. I pray to God that's a stick. If it's not, you're banned. ;)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
95PGTTech said:
1. beautiful car, perfect color
2. why not a Z06? :D
3. I pray to God that's a stick. If it's not, you're banned. ;)
1. Tis is a beautiful car.
2. I can't answer that, but I felt I needed to put something to occupy this space so that I can answer number three.
3. Go get glasses or learn how to read. :D (says 6-speed auto w/paddle shifters in his first post AND his signature) :D

I'd personally would rather have the auto w/paddle shifters than a stick. Either setup you can control the shifting, but with an auto you can say I just want to chill and have the car do the shifting for me. I've also seen tests (not a Vette though) where a good auto either matches or comes close to the performance of a manual. I would expect that to be the case with the Vette as well.

·
Registered
997 Posts
that's soooo nice! I want my dad to buy one, but he won't go for it, he doesn't like vettes ???!!!???

·
Registered
997 Posts
Warlord187 said:
2. I can't answer that, but I felt I needed to put something to occupy this space so that I can answer number three.
3. Go get glasses or learn how to read. :D (says 6-speed auto w/paddle shifters in his first post AND his signature) :D

I'd personally would rather have the auto w/paddle shifters than a stick. Either setup you can control the shifting, but with an auto you can say I just want to chill and have the car do the shifting for me. I've also seen tests (not a Vette though) where a good auto either matches or comes close to the performance of a manual. I would expect that to be the case with the Vette as well.
When you have a manual it's like your acctually driving the car, esspecially in a sports car.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Automatics are far better than manuals in almost every situation. Especially with the new computer controlled paddle shifting bastages!

·
Registered
450 Posts
DScruggs said:
Automatics are far better than manuals in almost every situation. Especially with the new computer controlled paddle shifting bastages!
Amen to that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Warlord187 said:

Thanks for the compliment. The Z06 is about $70,000 and theres 5-10K dealer markups on MSRP. Having the paddleshift is great..it gives you the option to shift, and as warlord said if you just wanna chill u can. Autos are just as fast, some instances, faster than a manual nowadays.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
2002BlackRT said:
Thanks for the compliment. The Z06 is about $70,000 and theres 5-10K dealer markups on MSRP. Having the paddleshift is great..it gives you the option to shift, and as warlord said if you just wanna chill u can. Autos are just as fast, some instances, faster than a manual nowadays.
.....and not as fun to drive
.....and not as fuel efficient
.....and not faster than someone who can actully shift

1 - 20 of 53 Posts