DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went out today and traded in my 01 Intrepid SE for a decked out 2003 Nissan Mazima SE. I will miss my Trep but I love my new car. Its been a pleasure being able to share everythng with you guys. Hopefully one of these days il trade in my pontiac sunfire for another Intrepid. :biggrin:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd give up my Intrepid for a nice Jetta Wagon TDI!! Then I would have a manual and great milage.

One of the Passat TDI's went 1400 Miles on a tank of fuel (24.5 gals)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Welcome to Nissan. You are going to love that VQ engine. Did you get a good deal? With the new 2004's out now they are "giving away" the 2003's around here.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Giving away?????? I hardly call a $35000 Maxima a give away. God, the Trep is a LOT less $ and a LOT less on insurance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I got a pretty sweet deal on it. I looked at the 2004 also and I think its ugly. The Maxima is fast as all hell and a much nicer ride then I expected. I love it! Although Im not sure how much my insurance went up. I didnt figure that it was going to be much worse than the Intrepid. Il let you know when I find out. :mg:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope I got the Automatic, but I almost opted for the 6 speed there was no price difference. So I figure if Im gonna pay 30 G's for a car it might as well shift for me.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
OMG, I'd PAY EXTRA to have a manual in the trep :(

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I don't see why the insurance would be any different at all... in fact I would be willing to bet new Intrepid vs new Maxima that the premiums would be exactly the same.

But the 6spd stick is a lot faster... didn't you care about that?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go test drive an automatic it is plenty fast. I thought my Intrepid had alot of sack, The Max would smoke the Trep. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
01INTREPIDse said:
Go test drive an automatic it is plenty fast. I thought my Intrepid had alot of sack, The Max would smoke the Trep. :bigsmile:
Anyone who thinks Intrepids have a lot of "sack" hasn't driven a car that really has a lot of sack. I got blown away by a Maxima one day and it was as if I was a standing still... a rocket against a barge.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts