DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading in the kills section that this can help performance. What are the pros and cons of this stuff? Is there any way possible this stuff can hurt our trannys?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I put two 1-ounce bottles into my 2000ES and the difference is noticable. I spoke to a friend who is a mechanic at the local dodge dealer, he explained that the Ram truck owners have been doing this for years and no one ever has a problem. His further reasoning was that if it was bad for your car Mopar would restrict the sales of the stuff.

The mopar part # is 4549637, $3.05/ea, and you will need two of them. Simply take out yout trans fluid tube and put the stuff in. It takes a few days to work but you will like it!!!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I get better gas mileage on the hilly backroads of wisconsin with the stuff added.. the shifting of the tranny has less power loss.

·
Registered
381 Posts
A friend of mine says that it is in the Mopar brand of fluid anyway but that if you add more it allows the trans to shift better at high rev's. I added 2 oz's & I noticed a difference in about 3 days.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Why does chrysler have such nice cars but such terrible transmissions?

·
Registered
349 Posts
anti foam? never heard of it... what does it do and where can I get it? do most auto parts stores care it?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know, I spoke to the dealer about that anit-foam stuff, they didn't seem to excited about using it in my tranny. They told me that it is mainly used for rear differentials or something like that. They said it will help my torque converter but you may loose some grip on the friction plates in the tanny. Not sure what this means or even if I quoted them right but they seemed to stear me away from using that stuff.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
BART..check my above post. It contains the MOPAR part # and price. The dodge dealer in my area didn't have them but the chrysler dealer did.

MOPAR4U..I believe your dealer was thinking about the wrong additive. He was referring to Hyploid gear additive which is also used bu the RAM truck guys. My friend the dodge mechanic said this stuff is not a good idea to use. The anti-foam got his thumbs up though.

Just my $0.02 worth...I think the $6 I spent is well worth it for the amount of "slush" it took out of my shifts.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Mopar: the Jeep dealer here in Eau Claire atcually recomended it to the mini-van guy ahead of me in line when I went to get it. The Guy was pulling a trailer, and didn't like how the van was shifting, so he sold him 3 oz of the stuff. pretty funny how that worked out. BTW, the dodge dealer (Bothun or something like that) doesn't carry the stuff.. and the parts guy said he didn't like it...... I think he just didn't know what he was talking about

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I found from personal experience that my dodge dealer doesn't stock it because they need to buy it in cases of 12. All three local Chrysler dealers however had a plentiful supply!!

See the above link to an earlier post with Mopar part numbers and price.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Lafrad:
Mopar: the Jeep dealer here in Eau Claire atcually recomended it to the mini-van guy ahead of me in line when I went to get it. The Guy was pulling a trailer, and didn't like how the van was shifting, so he sold him 3 oz of the stuff. pretty funny how that worked out. BTW, the dodge dealer (Bothun or something like that) doesn't carry the stuff.. and the parts guy said he didn't like it...... I think he just didn't know what he was talking about

I don't think the Dodge/Chrysler dealers in Eau Claire or Menomonie ever know what they are talking about. They are both horse **** if you ask me. Had bad experiences at both and yet I still buy cars from the local one. Maybe I'm the idiot.
:mad:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am going to get some here in London today. Hmm.. a little cheaper here at $2.10 a bottle.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I want to live in canada... :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah.... what does $2.10 Canadian work out to? About $1.30 US.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Guys i went to the dealership today to get my oil change and free carwash :) and i asked my advisor really cool guy. i asked him about the tranny anti foam he told, me the only time you need this thing is when you feel that youre car is shifting hard and it reduces the foam in there. so just like to give you guys more information on this :rolleyes: :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts