DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Trep needs ATF fluid in the tranny. I went and got the complete flush, filter change and my mechanic, told me he had a new fluid that was DEXTRON IIII, that also met all the requirements for ATF. Anyone heard about this stuff??

It was from NAPA. The bottle said it met the requirments of both, but I do not remember if it was synthetic or not.

I have in my tranny now, I would love some feedback from any experts out there...thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great info guys...after reading the allpar info, I believe I got Dextron with an additive. Now I only have 7,000 miles on the Trep after this change, and so far it is running fine (fingers crossed) but I will schedule a complete flush, filter change and ATF fluid...hopefully I will cheat the transmission demon on this one! ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SO if I have 7K miles on my tranny w/Dextron, what do you guys think about my chances to get a fluid flush and escape from this espisode without further problems??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MOpar Performance...thanks for all the help and info. I will get on it this week and will post a follow up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I picked up 24 quarts of ATF+3 7176 and a new filter kit...cost me 90 bucks!!! and I go in this Weds for the total flush and refill with the RIGHT STUFF...

tranny still running OK w/Dextron 3-Mercon in her (fingers crossed!!!!!!) hope I can get away w/this screw up w/o any permanent damage...will keep all posted

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the Dextron 3/Mercon flushed out of my tranny today. New filter put in as well. Mechanic said my seals were good, no leaks, car running well...thanks for the advise guys. I took that allpar.com info in and gave it to my mechanic. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts