DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a small tranny leak, where the tranny lines connect at cooler nipple connections at radiator has anyone BTDT info?

TIA,

99 int

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nipples :bigsmile:
Makes my dirty mind think and get all kind of mental pictures:devil:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 99ES at 31K, small problem, a clamp supposedly corrected this according to the dealer. Tranny cooling line leaks seem to be a common issue........

·
Registered
581 Posts
From the sounds of it, this is a relatively easy fix.

If the existing clamp on the hose is in bad condition.....

Go to home depot and buy a clamp just large enough to fit your hose. Should be about 1/2"

Undo the clamp on the radiator where the leaky hose is. Gently pull off the hose, it may take some effort. If there's any crud left on the radiator nipple, clean it off. Also this is pretty much a given, but just make sure not to get any dirt or crud into the hose.

Cut off the worn portion of the hose, should be No more than an inch.

Put ONE DROP of transmission fluid on your finger and smear it along the radiator nipple (wutang!.... not a word!) so that you have a little lubrication and your hose fits smoothly.

Finally thread the clamp onto the hose, Gently attach the hose to the radiator, and screw down the clamp. Don't over-tighten and you should be all set.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
lubricating nipples is what I do best. :p
if ya need any help.. let me know!

·
Registered
191 Posts
it happen to me too when i flushed out all the tranny fluid,the tech sliced the tranny line trying to remove the clamp,easy fix ,cut tip of the line and install a new clamp, 5 bucks please

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sorry to ressurect the dead but, I've got this problem and for the life of me, I couldn't get to the damn rad nipple!!! Anyone got some advice for me please? I'd rather spend $5 and do it myself than give the stealership a crap load of cash!!

TIA,

C
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts