DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed my transmission a month ago, I must have overfilled the tranny a bit. Does anybody have a good idea for getting a bit out without syphoning or dropping the pan. When we had the trans out, I decided at the last moment NOT to install a plug. I think I should have. Will a little bit more fluid cause shudder?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While we're at it, I am also having issues again with the exhaust flanges that connect my exhaust to the manifold. I had decided to create my own bolts when I reinstalled the exhaust, and I guess the bolts are perhaps flexing or expanding. So, I get a drone now and then. I really don't want to have to pull the exhaust back down, but I guess I may have to. I still can't believe that the exhaust gave me and is still giving me so much trouble where the tranny install did not.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Turn it upside down, remove dipstick. Alternate, smash case with sledge hammer, mop up fluid with rag. Reseal case with tar.

Seriously, if you don't siphon it, have no drain plug, and do not drop the pan, what options do you really have?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps remove one of the lines going to the cooler?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't see why it would not work to remove the top tranny radiator hose, then remove the bottom tranny radiator hose, and just let all the fluid in the radiator run out, If that is not enough, reconnect lines, start car, let idle for two minutes, allow to cool down, and repeat. Just an idea
-Taaf-

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I may try that. I don't think I overfilled it by much. It was level when I finished everything, but I didn't take into consideration the expansion of the fluid. Ah well.

·
Registered
982 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
Turn it upside down, remove dipstick. Alternate, smash case with sledge hammer, mop up fluid with rag. Reseal case with tar.

Seriously, if you don't siphon it, have no drain plug, and do not drop the pan, what options do you really have?
That's Good :bash:
But just siphon some out. Go to dollar store and get a turkey baster thing with a bulb on the end connect a piece of hose to the end of it and suck out extra fluid. do it with car warmed up so level will be right.Too much fluid will make it foam and foamy fluid will make clutch packs slip(shudder). Gotta be easier than removing lines and introducing air to the fluid!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a small hand pump from Autozone tonight, and took some fluid out. I did it while the engine was running, and took out as much to where it read just on the Hot mark. So, this has been taken care of. I am satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts