DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what (dtc) means in the code table .my 97 just set off this code and is now in limp mode......? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
DTC is Diagnostic Trouble Codes.

What trans. problems are you having?

A bad speed sensor might be a possibility.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it was running fine ,then the other night i went to drive it and it wouldn't shift into 3-4th gear. It just stays in 2nd....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
drivergus said:
Well it was running fine ,then the other night i went to drive it and it wouldn't shift into 3-4th gear. It just stays in 2nd....

Most likely your input or output speed sensors.. I would go ahead and replace both to be on the safe side, then disconnect the battery for 15 mins.. That SHOULD fix your problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i'll give it a try ! ... man i've replaced about every sensor on this car,recently . But!!! i still love driving this car.Even if it has 215k miles on it!!!

·
Banned
109 Posts
yo its ur out put sensor same thing happen to me does it jerk when u shift from p to r to d ? if so its ur out put

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
I think it could be either sensor. The way I've always heard it is if the output sensor is bad the speedo won't work. But I'd replace both anyway - if you've got 215k on it then you're on borrowed time. The sensors don't cost that much and, personally, I'd get 'em from the dealer ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts