DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
My '94 had the same slop. I was feeling a very slight vibration and a very faint sound that I thought was wheel bearings. Replaced both front wheel bearings and the slight vibes were still there. So with the car on jack stands (wheels hanging free) I was checking inner cv joints for slop, and found the slop was in the bearings inside the differential that support the ring gear assembly. I could move the stub shaft up-down and front-back at least 1/16". If I had it up on ramps (weight on wheels) I would have to pull the inner joint slightly outward before I could move it up-down,front-back.I figured there is absolutely no way that this is normal. The car had about 160,000 miles at the time. I didn't want to think about what it would cost to repair. So I just kept driving it while looking to buy a newer car. The vibes did not get any worse or break down by the time (22,000 miles later) when I traded it in for my '03.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.