DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been discussed before, but I can't find the thread......I have a 2001 Intrepid w/2.7l and I want to change the fluid and filter.....anyways, I know that you have to use the right kind or else.....so what I'm asking is this....Is the ATF+4 sold in some parts stores by different manufacturers the same as the MOPAR brand? That is, can it be used? Went to the dealer today to get some....now I expected a markup at the dealer, but......he tells me he will give me a discount (mr. nice guy) at $7 and change a qt!!!:eek: I was expecting like 2-1/2 bucks. I started laughing..."you gotta be kidding me" and left....RIPOFF!!

Also....I'm guessing that the filter is held on by those stupid torx screws...am I correct? Anybody know the size off hand?

Thanks for any info you can give me....

·
9,861 Posts
Ask if they carry it in gallon buckets. My dealer does. Might be cheaper to buy it like that.

Personally I would avoid using anything other then MOPAR brand stuff.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The only fluid I find in the store that meets +4 spec. is Amsoil synthetic; +4 is available only at the dealer. They both cost about the same.

FredB

·
Registered
173 Posts
I bought 2 gallons of ATF +3 from the dealer last week. Total cost was about $28 and change. $13 per gallon plus tax.

·
Registered
83 Posts
question

FredB said:
The only fluid I find in the store that meets +4 spec. is Amsoil synthetic; +4 is available only at the dealer. They both cost about the same.

FredB
hmm if mopar +4 is the same cost as amsoil y not use amsoil sythetic?

·
9,861 Posts
The Amsoil ATF is compatable with Dexron/Mercon also, thats why I don't trust it. ATF +4 and Dexron/Mercon are very different fluids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts