DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a total shock to me... I thought it felt "funny" at times, but nothing major, until it started to miss gears, and not go into gear, and jump back in... a total loss to me.. This R/T has giving me hell for a while now.....

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Find a transmission shop you trust to read the codes. It may just need a sensor or something minor.

Just because a transmission does not function 100% does not mean it needs an entire rebuild.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, i have an update... I drove the car for a short time today to test it out again. It did fine until it shifted sever times.. It then begins to make a "whining" sound, and will eventually start to jump in and out of gears... My Autostick did work today.. I am thinking that it might be a sensor.. I am waiting on my mechanic to take a look at it. The check engine light is on.. so i will see what the secondary code come to be.. Maybe i can get away with only replacing a sensor, and other small things instead of a rebuild... ANY INPUT WOULD BE VERY WELCOMED!! Thanks..

·
Registered
107 Posts
P0700 - TCM has codes.. you need a code reader that reads tranny codes to what they are.
P1684 - Battery has been disconnected recently.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i knew both of those, i have the hayne's book on the car... i am just waiting to get the tranny code(s).... i hope it is a sensor, or something small.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just started getting the 700 and 740 codes yesterday. one means nothing and the other means I need to get the tcm read. If I do happen to have to rebuild this, does anyone know some good mods to do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts