DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I fix one problem, and another pops up. I didn't mind changing the power steering pump and all that other junk, but the last couple of days my transmission has been acting up. Once it gets warm, there is some harsh shifiting between 1st and 2nd, a bump shift, and an occasional poor shift response. I really got to mash the gas to get it out of overdrive or to pass. The fluid was changed by the dealer in Feb. It is full and the fluid is cherry red. They also flashed the TCM. On monday, I think I'll call that dealer and have them take a look at it, check the CVI's and check any trans fault codes. I hope its nothing too serious. The trans is original with 101K on it.

In the event that the trans does need replacing, I'll probabily go with a Mopar remain trans. I'm not going to risk putting a used transmission in. Every used trans I had got for other cars was junk. My Acclaim went through 3 of them, my old beater 86 307 Cutlass went through two, and the current one gets stuck in 1st.

I hope its going to be okay.

:fun_48:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Yeah, see what the TCM has to say. It only does it when she gets warm ? If so, makes me think that there is something going on with the fluid. Maybe getting alittle thin when it gets hot. Do you know, mine started to act up when I took it to the dealer, to have a flush, and fill with ATF 4. It even went into limp mode acouple of times. So one day I droped the pan, and found out that the filter was laying at the bottom of the pan, the idot's put the wrong size of filter. It was so small, that the clips that hold the filter in place couldn't do there job. So I got the right one, and filled her back up, and she has ran perfect ever since. Hopefully, for you that something like that happen when you last took your Trep into the dealer for the fluid change.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks strongt. I hope it's nothing serious. 3-4th gears are perfect. Nice and smooth. I'll bring the car in first thing monday morning.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
good luck at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove the car today, it shifted fine, but it was just in to town and back. I still want to get this checked out. I want to avoid any serious problems. Tomorow morning she goes in. I'll also get the alignment and brakes done too (not at the dealer though) if I have time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts