DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Intrepid ES with the 3.5 Liter. Every once in a while, all of the lights on the dash that indicate what gear you are in all light up at one time...except when I am in park. If I put it in Reverse or any other gear, they all light up and stay on. It usually fixes itself in a couple minutes...but has anyone else experienced this? Could this mean there is a problem with my transmission? Thanks.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I dont think its youre transmisson. as long as youre transmission is shifting fine. then i dont think you should have anything to worry about. even tough i never hear of this problem before so i wouldnt worry about the transimission

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have seen this happen also. I figure it is the body controller ,its not in the trans. Will not hurt anything just a inconvenience.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the same thing happen before also, (Before the new transmission). I am not sure if it was related, but I have not seen the symptom since, or at least noticed it again. Did you notice if all the dash indicator lights where on also, I think I remember that to be the case.

Are you having any transmission problems? Either not going into reverse, or slipping?

The old trans I had, would not go into reverse at certain times, usually after letting it idle for a time, it would finally engage. What a pain in the a$$ when I parked in a parking lot! But now I got a brand new one from Dodge, 3 year, 30,000 mile warranty included!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Actually forgot one thing. Try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes, this will reset all the computers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have to admit the old, speak, and get burned deal..

Just after posting those two replies, I hop in the trep to go get some items, and guess what happens?

Start it up, and all the indicator lights lit up like a christmas tree!

Sure enough, stopped afer a few seconds.

Now I wonder, was it me, or was it the wife driving before me???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts