DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 Dodge intrepid 2.7 l engine. Problems started months ago, I replaced the solenoid pack but it's still like to stick in second gear once in awhile. I replaced the speed sensors still did it. I just put a rebuilt valve body in it and it was still doing it. As I was putting that body back in it I noticed when the accumulator Pistons had a ripped o-ring. At least that's what I thought till I bought new ones and seen they have split rings on them. But I put the new ones in, now the car goes into reverse but will not go into any forward gears. Any ideas getting ready to tear it apart again right now. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
757 Posts
i'd think you missed something putting it back together.
hopefully bill or someone more familiar with the trannies will chime in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been going over it in my head all night I'm just now getting it back up on the ramps. I don't believe I missed anything I'm wondering if this valve body is not right. I ordered it from eBay it said that it was the single plug valve body which I have. But I think this one had overdrive and everything on it and my transmission does not. So I'm wondering if I should just put the old valve body back in it with the new Pistons and see if it works. I'm seriously at a loss this thing has been costing me a **** ton of money lately.

·
Registered
757 Posts
all lh platform vehicles have overdrive.
even 1st gen.
or i'm not sure what you're meaning.
and there has only been 1 transmission since 1993 with the first visions and intrepids.

could be a faulty one from ebay.
must be missing a seal or something somewhere.
so yeah, going to have to pull it apart and look again.
hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it was able to go into forward gears before you replaced the valve body, and now it does not - that sounds like your problem..

The 2nd gear problem could still be the input/output sensors even though you replaced them (if they were cheap chinese, not oem) I think you can test them with a magnet and multimeter. Sometimes new parts are bad, it happens a lot more than you'd think. Changing one part at a time can help the confusion when something doesnt work or makes things worse, but obviously when it comes to the inside of a transmission that's not practical.

I think when I changed the valve body, I had to swap over the gear selector switch for some reason!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts