DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Sorry for the text size and English errors, I'm using the google translator.
Unfortunately in Brazil, Chrysler is not popular, so unfortunately skilled labor is difficult and expensive and parts are the same.

In October 2017 I acquired a 2001 300m with 134000 km auction, the car was stopped until it reached me in November 2018, when it was verified that water had gone to the gearbox, due to problems in the radiator. I changed the radiator, the transmission filter and spent 19 liters of Valvoline ATF + 4 for the fluid to appear to come out in the correct color.

Until this moment, the car had only the error P0601 and the transmission vibrated from first to second and gave a “jerk” when shifting the reverse (I expected it to be the right mount of the engine and transmission that are bad).

Anyway, in March 2020 the document finally came out and literally on the day that everything was ok I started having problems in transmission with the code P0700 and also P0325.

In the scanner the transmission shows: P0733, P0734, P0871 and P1790. When the car is approaching 3000 rpm it cuts and drops to 2500rpm +/-. After that, I believe he will go into “emergency mode”. When entering a hill, where I believe he should make a gear reduction, AS TIMES he loses traction and engages a gear with a strong “stride”.

Two automatic transmission mechanics claim to be a mechanical transmission problem and not an electronic one (valve body / soneloids), but I don't know if they are correct and I would not like to spend unnecessary money, since finding a used transmission is very difficult and expensive.

If you can help me, I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This week he managed to fiddle with the shift cable and get the Autostick in. Now you can use the car with peace of mind in the city, as the problem happens when trying to engage a third gear.

I realized a few things:

Be able to engage either third or fourth gear with the Autostick. If you just find your foot on the accelerator, it will maintain speed and even a little more, but you can try to accelerate as the engine goes up and back into second gear. Can this help in any form of diagnosis aid?

I still have doubts if it is a mechanical problem or it could be something electrical / valve body or soneloids.

·
Registered
68 Posts
First, it is very difficult to diagnose a vehicle based solely on DTCs, there is a reason mechanics test drive vehicles when they get them and hook up their scan tool. Second, based off the laundry list of DTCs you posted, I am inclined to agree with the two mechanics you did see and say it is most likely a mechanical issue. Either way, the transmission will have to be rebuilt. If coolant got into your transmission, then it got into all the clutch packs inside which probably caused them to slip, the coolant also probably deteriorated all your internal seals. In the end, I'd tell you to either rebuild or replace the transmission. Replacing it being the cheaper option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts