DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a little planning ahead in case I need to replace my transmission
2001 42LE transmission.

1) Any recommendations for a good, reputable transmission shops in southern Ontario ? It looks like AAMCO is a no-no from what I see here.

2) If I buy a complete low-mile replacement from the wreckers, is there anything I need to know or ask about when buying the unit ? Any other must-have parts ?
3) Has anyone here bought a used one from a wrecking yard and had it installed ? Just wondering if this works out cheaper than having the original rebuilt.

Any and all advice appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have put a used tranny in and had no problems for 23 months. I may still have no problem but got duped by the garage into thinking I needed a new tranny. The used one cost just under $1000.00 plus labour and oil change and taxes of course. In total $1900.00. Much cheaper than rebuilt or new. I would check around at tranny garages for prices of used. You can get a warranty also.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Considering the mileage on the car, a used one was what I was thinking of.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
****!, With $1,900.00, You can get a rebuilt one down here in CT, with (0) miles on her deck!, wooOOOoooohhhh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts