DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, i have a 2004 SXT 3.5 with 275k miles. Recently, i got a CEL while driving, and at the next stop it downshifted into limp mode. Only code on the odometer is 700, i have taken it to the local auto parts and
they pulled an 800 series code ( can't remember the exact one). I did a fluid and filter change over the weekend and still have same symptoms. Should i change the input and output sensors next?

·
Registered
177 Posts
What are the codes?

No such thing as a generic code except for code readers that cant read transmission codes.
Find out the exact code and we can go from there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
The P1776 is a typical code that points to the solenoid pack. I had the same one in my 2002 Special years ago and the dealer changed the solenoid pack.

I recommend one of these off Ebay. $79 with free shipping.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
If it were my car and my money that's what I would do first. Probably around $50-60 in ATF+4 transmission fluid on top of that. The other codes are also related to the solenoid pack as a cause.

Your other options are a used transmission with unknown history. Or a rebuild at probably $2k+

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I tried to delete that post. I put the valve body back in and couldn’t move the shift lever to the correct position. I figured it out and put it back in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts