DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all. got a really strange problem. Have a 95 intrepid that i really do like. It had the stuck in second problem and i followed the recommended fix of flushing the trans and putting in ATF+4. It seemed to fix the problem as i backed it out of the garage it started shifting thru all the gears. it was beautiful for the next week. Then damn it started doing it again. at least once a day it will stick in second and wont shift. noticed if i turn it off and restart it will shift all gears again. Funny that it has none of the dash symptoms except that the ABS lite comes on. After i restart it and its shifting again the ABS light is off. Weird, Any ideas and/or suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Limp mode, check your input/output sensors buddy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Transmission will not shift

I have a 94 Trep showing the same symptoms as Slider48's 95 Trep. However, I got to drive the car in lame mode (limp mode) for a bit and stop and switch the engine of and upon restart it works like new. I drained the tranny and changed the filter using Chrysler ATF+4 fluid and filter. After getting the fluid up to a decent level it worked find no lame mode. I let it sit after that for about 2 days and all the symptoms came right back. Before the tranny started acting all lame for the first time I had got code 66 using the ignition key method and my airbag light used to come on but turning the key off and on again got rid of it. However in December of 2005 the air bag light came on for good and stayed on and now no matter how I fiddle about or turn the ignition off and on I can't get rid of it. Also, before tranny problems occurred, I lose control of the A/C controls occassionally and I get nothing but hot air blowing through the defog vents and sometimes I get control back. I normally lose control at start up and gain control after a long period of time but sometimes I am not that lucky. Code 66 has long gone since January 2006 and never has it return since. After much research and reading through other forums I have decided that the ignition and both Input and/or Output sensors maybe the culprits; I doubt it is a faulty TCM but one can never know. I am going to change the fore-mentioned suspects and see what happens. If there is anything else that I need to look for can someone please let me know. Despite the persistent lame mode at initial cold start up after the fluid and filter change, whenever I get the tranny to function properly it shifts way better than before and there is no more bucking when coming to a stop after driving at a constant 50 mph or so for a long period ( I think this is called torque lock up). Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Shift Solenoid

This is also a symptom of a bad shift solenoid. A good shop should be able to change one in around 2-3 hours for under $500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts