DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, is it me or is it everyone who owns a first gen trep (mine being a 93 3.5), has some type of transmission problems ..... it just started today, and I don't think I am going through the hassle of getting it replaced or even repaired .... maybe some of you guys can help, because I love my trep to death and dont want to have to get rid of it ....

The Trasmission issues::

1 ... When comming to a complete stop, the transmission shifts into nuetral going up to about 1100 RPM's , and then catches 1st gear and goes back to the 600RPM idle speed

2... Just started today .... when only hitting 15mph ... (as soon as second gear shifts), I let go of the gas to come to a complete stop, the transmission downshifts back to first and it literally feels like I am getting rear ended by another car, I can hear a loud thump and feel a bang

I checked the trans fluid, it is perfectly okay, I don't know what else could be wrong, if someone could help please with answers, I know other people have had this problem, I just need to know fast instead of me searching because it might possibly be the end or it can pro-long my enjoyment with the trep ... thanks guys, I really appreciate any help or suggestions on what might cause this .... My trep only has 39500K on the car itself too !!!!!!
Matt

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds to me like your transmission seals are going out. The bang you hear is the broken part of your transmission mount hitting it's top.and vibrating trew the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
stop driving right now. your car will just go in a few days. same thing happened to my 95.

once i got a new tranny though, no problems at all. lovin it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn thanks brza, my trep only has 39thousand miles, I went up to the Dodge dealer today and they said it was seals, and possibly a new clutch too, the service manager estimated me at least at $700 bucks !!!!! it's not even rebuilding the tranny ... screw it man, I'm on the brink of probably getting rid of it unfortunately

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well update, the car has sat since monday, going up to another tranny place where they will actually take it apart and look at it free of charge, I guess on saturday I learn the fate of the trep unfortunately

1 - 6 of 6 Posts