DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dumb Question,

How is I-39 from Rockford down to Bloomington. Does it roll? Is it Toll. Thinking about heading home that way. Need to stop in Dayton OH anyway.

Mapquest calls it Rt 51 in their directions instead of I-39. Why? No clue.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I-39 is a very nice highway. No tolls, decent speed and when I drove it in December on our way out to Delaware and back, absolutley no cops.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Meh, I've gotten a ticket on it... 78 in a 65. Happened to drive by him when half my attention was on changing the CD, so I didn't see him... Meh, what can you do.

I can't remember if there's any construction or anything bad right now, but I'll be driving it again in a couple days, and reply again then.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mobbdeep said:
What are you doing in Dayton OH ..don ..thats my hometown...
USAF Museum

I have been wanting to go there for years!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure Kenny.

You can ride in the back seat.

;)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Seriously though.

I plan on coming in via I-70 through Wheeling, Zanesville, Columbus, Dayton, and Indy then I-65 up to Gary and then west to Chicago.

I plan on going home the same way except for the I-39 to Bloomington section to I-70. Pat may caravan with me from Breezewood west if we can work out a schedule. We wouldn't mind picking up you and Tom in Dayton or Indy.

Let us know.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dayton on Thursday Night or Friday morning could be a plan!

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
DScruggs said:
Seriously though.

I plan on coming in via I-70 through Wheeling, Zanesville, Columbus, Dayton, and Indy then I-65 up to Gary and then west to Chicago.

I plan on going home the same way except for the I-39 to Bloomington section to I-70. Pat may caravan with me from Breezewood west if we can work out a schedule. We wouldn't mind picking up you and Tom in Dayton or Indy.

Let us know.
Avoiding the tollway huh?

Good Plan...its like 20-30 bucks to go all the way across on it.

--Gorm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts