DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 trep has 125K on the original rear goodyear eagle GA tires. I have 7/32 tread left. I think they had 11/32 when new and the minimum is 4/32. I tried rotating them to the front this winter for 1 week and put them back. they had lousy traction. must be hard after 7 years. I am getting new tires this fall. they have nice even wear and they feel good on fast corners. I used to drive cars with lousy, mismatched tires and never realized how much better the car handled with good tires. its the only thing between you and the road.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I'm still on my original Goodyear Eagle GA's with 96,000 km's on the car. They are SHOT to hell. One has a broken belt and has worn very strangely, also loud as hell. I can brake them loose at 30km/h they will spin, i can chirp them at 50 too.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I got 2 years out of my current tires.. will probably get new ones this winter.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Damn, and I thought I was the only one with original tires. My rear tires are still the stock Goodyear Eagle GAs with 91,000 miles on them, almost bald..
I replaced the front tires shortly after I got the car so they are still ok.

·
Registered
844 Posts
don't know yet... I have a brand new set of winter tire and a brand new set of summer tire... i'll tell you in a few years :D

but with my honda... 33,000km on my set of tire but they were worn at 25,000km :eek:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so funkrider, what are you waiting for? my tires are quiet and seem to ride fine. I hate it when winter rolls around and we have to put up with icy roads. I bought a new set of wheels this spring and put the old tires on them. I am thinking of getting some winter tires for the stock rims. than i can save my alloys from salt and slush.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i got a set of free tires for my car when i bought it...not a bad deal and there only a month and a half old. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts