DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good tree sap remover. My hood is covered in little specks of hardened sap, and no matter how hard i scrub they dont even budge. Is there a really strong sap remover that anyone knows works well?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
try a clay bar. Don't let it dry though, it will mess your paint up. If not they doo have bug and tree sap removers at the store or perhaps a little goo gone would help since it does remove gum too?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This may sound strange but I found that spit works really well, although I don't know if you want to spit on your car.
may work if your talking about enzymes having a reaction with the sap. Oh and spit works wonders when I go scuba diving. Spit in the mask, rub it in and your fog free for the whole dive.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i've done some detailing in my time...hold a rag of warm water on it. that will lossen it up to a "honey" like consitency..still not easy to remove but atleast it's no longer hardened sap. Then an adhesive remover will get the goo part. i've then noticed depending how long the sap has been on that a discoloration will remain which can be fixed with a claybar and then a hand or machine polish. Following up with wax will make the next time it happens even easier to remove. good luck

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nail polish remover. Acetone. Takes it right off. I always have a few blobs on my car. I remove the sap just before I wash the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts