DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife had the Trep at her freinds place and parked it under a tree that dropped big wads of sap (quarter sized) all over it. What's the best way to clean it up?

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
If it's really fresh and hasn't sat in the sun for any length of time you can typically wash it off. However, if it's been in the sun (often times 30 minutes to 1 hour is enough) you'll need something stronger like detailing clay to get it off...

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I think bug and tar remover also will work... just go to your local autozone or whatever I am sure they will have something for you

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Intrepitor use the clay bar works great Lordco sells the Meguirers kit for 15 bucks ....comes with the bar and the mist.......I had some sea gull **** stains and it took them right out!! Just spend some extra time on them....

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
alderran said:
I think bug and tar remover also will work... just go to your local autozone or whatever I am sure they will have something for you
Bug and tar remover does work, but is more harsh to the surface than a clay bar will be. However, after using either you'll need to at least re-wax the area...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info..it sounds like I'll do the clay bar. The car sat in the sun all day there so the pitch is hard as a rock. Looks like elbow grease time.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
With a clay bar there won't be much elbow grease. It's beutiful stuff... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts