DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided it's time to re-paint my car.....after 10 years on the road it's showing its age. After thinking long and hard, I decided to paint her with 3 stage pearl from House of Kolor.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Here's some pictures of the progress.......at this point I have removed the dents and dings....and have finished those spots off with about 5 coats of primer.

at this point I start to remove the external trim arount the doors....antenna...and some of the left over lettering.

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that bumper cover off the ES in the background gonna get swapped on for the paint?

Very awesome! Always sweet to see a car get new paint!!!
no..no..no....that is my 85k es I need to repower.....body and paint on the es is awesome....but....I might do a es bumper swap later down the road for this one.

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not paint expert, but with a 3 stage paint wouldn't you want to get it all painted at the same time? might be hard to match later?
yeah it's a tough paint to match let alone to get right the 1st time.......that's why i'm putting the es bumper into that maybe corner......see i'm lucky...I can roll in my es when done or my se....I've got some special mod plans and ideas for my es.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Is that the pre-blended Kandy stuff? I never used it before. I thought that was primarily for airbrushing and small projects like bike helmets and goalie masks.

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that the pre-blended Kandy stuff? I never used it before. I thought that was primarily for airbrushing and small projects like bike helmets and goalie masks.
I'v got a gallon of that stuff but i'm also adding some 2 bads of dry powder pearl into the mix......to give that extra pop to it.

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did some more sanding today.....I'll be taking both bumpers off tomorrow and removing the last of the trim.....one of my last steps will be to wet sand the whole car at 600 grit

While I checking out my inventory of spare parts I came across a wing I got from Ronbo......I think i'm going to paint that too and put it on later.

While I was waiting in my paint to arrive.....my 21mm rear swaybar showed up instead.

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today......was goof off day.....playing around with some base coats.....and painting the metal support bumper so when I put the plasic bumper back on.....when I look through the vent holes on the bump....I see black and not the faded stone chipped white paint.

One coat of base....i'll wind up wet sanding what I painted today for preparation of the completed paint. I also wanted to make sure the hood looks perfect with no visible stone chips.....little hard to tell when you have 3 different color primers and the old paiint on the hood.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts