DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to park my trep in the garage soon for winter, but I want to make sure everything is set up how it should be for storage.
I know it needs to be started every so often, whats a good rule?
what about the just sitting in place? what can I do? I
am not sure how to lift the car in my small garage.....
I am going to get a dust cover. is there something I should do with the gas, oill, brakes, etc? I was told to put stabalizer in the gas, but how much gas? certain octain rating better?

please reply with any storage tips!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool
anything that could be added to the list? (like it isnt long enuf already) or something that would be different? a better way perhaps?

what kind of moisture barrier could go between the floor and the car?

thanks gordo!

·
Registered
715 Posts
what you going to be driving?? i am hoping this winter is similar to last and we have minimal snow!!! are you leaving your subs in the car?? i am not sure if it is recommended or not as to leaving them in the cold?? maybe someone else can chime in...

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I would take atleast the subs out, you can leave the box and all the wires, but if I was you the sub and amp would go in the house.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Its not like getting the subs cold will hurt anything...unless you turn your system up after the cars been parked overnight and its like -10 out.

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Wish I could store the Special for the winter. Don't got enough money to buy a winter beater, oh well. I'm getting some gnarly snow tires for my 16" steelies prolly tomorrow. *shakes fist at winter*

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am not sure I agree with the WD40 on the hinges. WD40 is technically a degreaser and not a lubricant. Some spray silicone or other grease would be much more appropriate.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I saw a commercial last night for something called "Sta-bil" which supposedly was good for storing vehicles etc.... Maybe check that out.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
If ur running ethanol blend you shouldnt need any extra stuff in your tank.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Ummmmmmm, you're storing a '94 3.3L? :p That's cool though, more power to ya!

I have a question. I use full synthetic oil for my Intrepid now. I'm overdue for an oil change though. Should I change my oil and then put the car away, or should I change my oil first thing in the spring? I don't wanna change it twice.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Avenger said:

I have a question. I use full synthetic oil for my Intrepid now. I'm overdue for an oil change though. Should I change my oil and then put the car away, or should I change my oil first thing in the spring? I don't wanna change it twice.
whats wrong with storing a 94 3.3 i do it every year and this year iam storing a 96 3.3. and a 93 eagle vision and my 78 F100 pickup

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Never store a car with old engine oil. Used oil can be acidic.

Stabil sounds like a good product and I'm sure it's good piece of mind but I've never used it and never had a problem.

Maybe for really long term storage but over winter it's never been a problem without Stabil.
I store my stuff with a full tank to leave no room for condensation build up and that included my lawnmower, weedeater, 60's cars, 70's cars, my truck and parts cars.
They all fire up first crank in the springtime.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Avenger said:

I think, if your just going to change it once, do it in the spring. then perhaps more of the crud that may be in there can settle to the bottom.

my car has under 50,000 miles on the original motor and all (your has over 60!). the insurance would pay off the blue book value, and I do not think that is enuf money for what Ive got. also I have plans to repaint in the spring ($ already saved :D ) and would hate myself if I wreck it over winter

1 - 20 of 37 Posts