DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy from down the street came over a few minutes ago and told me he saw two people messing with my car. I went out and took a look. They used a slimjim to unlock the driver side. The only thing they took was my girlfriend's CDs and a knife my father left me when he died. They didn't go into the glove box where I had my iPod and didn't take my LCD, they just went for what was in the center console. I guess when they saw my neighbor they ran off.

I swear I need to get a new alarm and invest in a train horn.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Awww ****........man sorry to hear that !!!! I was just posting in the other thread about how easy it is to get into a Trep.......
Lucky your nighbour happend to be there .

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
man dude sorry to hear. i hope you catch the jackass. it was probally someone that see's you alot in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
god that sucks... that happenned to me long time ago.. only stealed my sunglasses... fixing my door lock costed more than the sunglasses ... 5x more .. Sorry for your loss.

edit : I belive they only got that cause they got scared when they saw the mileage... i think it was at around 160k ( thats 100k miles)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
sorry to hear that man, i've never had that problem yet. I live in a small town and every one knows my car so that might make a bit of a diffrence.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
sowhatsowhat10 said:
man dude sorry to hear. i hope you catch the jackass. it was probally someone that see's you alot in the neighborhood.
I agree with the above. Catch that Jack-ass! You gotta be thankful they didn't break/mess up your car.... That would PISS ME OFF!

My neighbor (17 year old kid) just has his ricer car (Nissan 240 SX Turbo) broken into last week.
They used a pry bar and literately peeled the passenger's door back, ****ed up the door and the rear corner panel, then pryed open the trunk also.
Lots & lots & lots of body damage...
Probably from one of his freinds, this kid is always hot dogging up and down the street, stereo blaring, having all of his wanta be ricers hanging out at the house, (I see tooo much corny rice on my street weekly, makes me laugh!)

Neverless, I hope your car isn't damaged..

Late!

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Good thing they didnt mess it up. You could of had a few broken windows and body damage.

if you dont get an alarm get an LED light that blinks like an alarm. I know this may should stupid but alot of these punk kids wont mess with a car that looks or even has an alarm. There are a couple kids in town who went around and broke into lots of cars in my town they got tons of stuff and said they didnt even go near a car that had a blinking led. They got caught because they pretty much rat'd each other out and had to pay it all back and got a huge fine and probation.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
i agree with Phil, they always take the irreplacable items. Sorry to hear they did that to you and glad your neighbor helped scare them away.

·
Registered
780 Posts
sorry to here about that man...the nieghbor should have shot them :) question--would our alarm even go off if they jimmy the lock open...i mean i tested out leaving my windows down with the alarm on and you can just reach in and open the car up with no alarm going off, i mean when does it go off, i hear it doesnt even have a glass breakage sensor. this is the stock alarm im talking about, on the key fob

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
tIntDokTer said:
sorry to here about that man...the nieghbor should have shot them :) question--would our alarm even go off if they jimmy the lock open...i mean i tested out leaving my windows down with the alarm on and you can just reach in and open the car up with no alarm going off, i mean when does it go off, i hear it doesnt even have a glass breakage sensor. this is the stock alarm im talking about, on the key fob
It sounds like you don't have the stock VTSS. It should go off whenever a door or the trunk is opened without you using the key fob.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Had a lotta my stuff stolen outta my car, amp, subs, boxs, hundreds of cds.... Ever since then, I have been locking the glovebox, had unplugged the wires in the trunk for the release and have been saving up for a good aftermarket alarm, brother has one and turned the vibration sensor up enough that when it rains or is windy the alarm goes off. But yea it really sucks in your case, it was locked and they broke into it... My case, the back passenger door for some reason didn't lock and they got into my car from there.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You shouldn't have expensive stuff in your car, says the guy with his =~$40 4 year old mp3 player in the car, still on my list to be integrated into the car 'better'. :bluegrab:

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
00RT said:
It sounds like you don't have the stock VTSS. It should go off whenever a door or the trunk is opened without you using the key fob.
You can use the key to unlock the car as well and it won't go off. But yes, it should sound whenever the key or keyfob was not used to unlock the door. It was this way with the old 2000 ES I had and on the 2002 Concorde I have now. The wife set off the alarm just the other day when I had the windows rolled down (too damn hot outside) and she just reached in to unlock the door and opened it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
damn sorry about the news man. I hope the theif falls on top of the knife and KILLS himself...damn assholes...but damn. are treps a pretty easy car to steal?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts