DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the cold weather took it's toll, i think the oil pump may be shot, but i'm not sure. Which is not a good thing, i had the shop tow it from my house today, i should find out what's wrong with it tommorrow, i'll let you guys know how it turns out. ****ing sucks walking to and from school. So cold, so far away, so goddamn cold, so.....cold.....and far away.....and cold.....****.

-Adam

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil light is on continuously, freaky ass shoot me in the spine clanking coming from engine compartment. My dad was gonna drive it down to the shop, he shut the car off and said no way he was gonna risk it. He thinks maybe some water got in the oil pan and the filter got clogged or something. Hopefully it's something not too too bad. By bad i mean expensive :( I'll update tommorrow if i get any word.

-Adam

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Good luck man!

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
check you oil to see if it smells like fuel....it maybe a failed fuel pump. know on the ol v8 that when the fuel pump went , fuel got into the oil system and screwed everything up.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
nightravin13 said:
check you oil to see if it smells like fuel....it maybe a failed fuel pump. know on the ol v8 that when the fuel pump went , fuel got into the oil system and screwed everything up.
only because the fuel pump was ON THE ENGINE in those engines... on ours.. the fuel pump is in the gas tank, and the closest the fuel gets to the oil passages is the fuel rail on top.....

·
Registered
321 Posts
jossimbyr..... LOL thats the oldest line in the parent book.

and sorry to hear that adam :( that must have sucked alot.

i hope its a simple fix and not expensive .. Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts