DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
dmondeac said:
I would use the mopar anti foam. Cheaper, and probably works plus you just pour it down the dipstick tube.
Huh ?!?!?!

Keith wants to use the seafoam sucked in through a vacuum line into his intake manifold.:drool:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
sea foam??

Im sorry i've never heard the term "sea foam", please explain.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Search. As far as which hose to use.... i think using the PCV hose is the most popular method

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used the cruise control vacuum tube. It is located in the engine bay towards the front on the driver's side. It has a small vacuum line connected to it at a right angle. Make sure the car is good and hot. Keep it running, pull off that vacuum hose and make sure that it is indeed pulling vacuum. Stick it in to the seafoam can or some other container that is holding 8oz(half the can) of the stuff and let it suck it all up. It should take about 30 secs and the nice thing is that because the vacuum hose is so small, it doesn't suck it up too fast which can sometimes stall the engine. After it is all sucked up, turn off the car, reconnect the vacuum hose, and let the car sit for 10 to 20min. Then start it up (might crank over a little longer than usual), watch the smoke show, and go out for an agressive drive (or drive on the highway). Keep driving till it doesn't smoke anymore and enjoy your "new" clean car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alrighty then! Will have to give it a shot. Thanks for the input everyone.

Dodgey I did complete a search before asking the question it is just that everyone is always talking about the different hoses and for someone like me whom has not be under alot of hoods it is all alien to me. So I was requesting a picture to see the exact hose to utilize. Believe me if there is nothing else that I have learned from this site is to complete a search before posting a question.....LOL

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Just a quick tag-along question... anyone know where to get Seafoam in Canada ?

When I asked the guy @ Crappy Tire he referred me to the plumbing dept. :confused:
Edit: Lol, when I explained to him what it is and how you use it, all I got was, "That sounds like really good stuff."

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Alrighty then! Will have to give it a shot. Thanks for the input everyone.

Dodgey I did complete a search before asking the question it is just that everyone is always talking about the different hoses and for someone like me whom has not be under alot of hoods it is all alien to me. So I was requesting a picture to see the exact hose to utilize. Believe me if there is nothing else that I have learned from this site is to complete a search before posting a question.....LOL
Hey Kieth, sorry, the "search" wasn't directed at you at all. I guess i should have been clearer in my post. I was telling "I beata firebird ina ES" to use search to find out what seafoam is.

·
Registered
234 Posts
CDN R/T said:
Just a quick tag-along question... anyone know where to get Seafoam in Canada ?

When I asked the guy @ Crappy Tire he referred me to the plumbing dept. :confused:
Edit: Lol, when I explained to him what it is and how you use it, all I got was, "That sounds like really good stuff."
Canadian Tire, starting pay in automotive parts department $7.50, how much knowledge does that buy, not much. I worked a part-time second job (extra cash to buy parts for my Charger) at the Brampton Shoppers World location, most of the guys/girl don't own a car or even drive. Not surprised they didn't know what you were talking about. Back on topic, came across this from another site, not sure if it helps.

"Go to Chrysler, and ask for "Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner" (MCCC)... It comes in a spray can. DSM guys have been using this for a long time, including myself. Does the same job as Seafoam.

Ya, how would you use an aerosol can? just spray it into the open throttlebody, and then go for a spin?"

Quote is from a guy who says you can only find seafoam in some store in Calgary?

Reactions: CDN R/T

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Home Depot has started to carry SeaFoam in the lawnmower/snowblower/chainsaw section.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Mccc

Yup, go to the stealership and get some Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner. It works slightly better than seafoam. It comes in an aerosol can.

The BEST way to use it is to spray it in through the idle passage in the throttle body, but this is a royal pain on our cars, especially for 3.2/3.5 guys. Another way to do itis to spray it theough the PCV hose.

·
Premium Member
16,764 Posts
Why not put the SeaFoam into the makeup air tube (the one from the passenger side valve cover to the intake tube upstream of the TB)? Easy to get to, cleans TB, and sure to be distributed thru intake plenum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Peva,
I'm pretty sure that that tube sucks air from the intake tube to the valve cover whereby the PCV valve is sucking from the valve cover in to the intake thereby completing the circuit. I could be wrong but I think that's how this works. So, Seafoam in the tube you mentioned would just suck it into the valve cover and in to the oil. Somebody please, correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts