DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
The front end looks more like a 2g Concorde. The hood has the two indentations near the headlights. And the headlight casing is more "round" compared to a Trep.
But the rear end looks too short to be a Concorde, and looks more like an Intrepid rear. But then again, running into a train can turn your large car into a scooter.

The body seems to have held on pretty well. You would expect something worse when getting hit by a train.

*Edit*

Now that I look at the slideshow from the news site, I'm thinking the car looks more like a Neon (??)

~DC

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
After seeing this pic:

That is NOT a 2G intrepid. Look at the headlights... also... looks like a Neon??
P.S.
Damn Desertcruiser... we posted the same thing. Heh... (I just noticed your *edit*. Lol...

·
Registered
347 Posts
crombie said:
After seeing this pic:

That is NOT a 2G intrepid. Look at the headlights... also... looks like a Neon??
P.S.
Damn Desertcruiser... we posted the same thing. Heh... (I just noticed your *edit*. Lol...

LOL yeah, I posted the message first and then noticed there was a slideshow with more pics.
But still, if it was a Neon it still did a good job against a train. :)

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Definitely not a Trep. Is it even a DCX product? Front end looks kinda like a Taurus or Contour...
Some clues:
1. Hood prop-rod
2. Rear drum brakes
3. Muffler/Resonator - exits in the wrong direction
4. Headlights completely different

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it could be a neon, heh. but they put those $20 walmart plastic rims on everything around here *rolls eyes*
It just seemed a little too big in the back part to be a small car like that.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
The interior looks like a concordes interior with Intrepid gauages...you can also clearly see a chrome handle on the drivers door...Hope this wasn't a members car this happened to.

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
BCintrepid said:
As much as i try to clean it up I can't get a good id to it. But to me it looks like a Taurus.
Tarurs don't have prop up hoods. I've owned every gen except the first gen.

--Gorm

·
Registered
85 Posts
My friend here says that he is sure it is a neon

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
WTF guys, why the big argument, its a freekin neon lol

ALi

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Yeah I don't see much room for debate, its a neon. I saw that on the local news here. Right there is why I own a dodge, that car took a hit from a ****ing train, and not only was it a train it was doing 50 mph, which would normaly kill whoever is in the car. The driver (only person in the car) is barely hurt (fractured rib is the only major injury).

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
How can any enthusiast not tell it's a Neon? That's the only thing those wheels ever came on + the body is obviously that of a Neon...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts