DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what started the whole TREPTECH idea. When I turned 19 I bought my first brand new car. The 2nd Gen body style was released when I was a senior in High School. I instantly fell in love with it and told all my friends that the INTREPID was my dream car and that I would have one very soon. Everyone laughed at me for wanting a so called "grandpa car". Come October of 1999 I was able to afford one and my High School dreams came through!

Why brown you ask? Cause the dealer took 2K off the window price because the brown ones weren't selling, so I took it!

The trunk has been de-badged. I added the MOPAR mud guards, and spent about $3K on the sound system. That includes DIAMOND 6.5" competition components, PIONEER CD head unit, 3 10" Kicker competition subs, and a 1000 watt Competition amp to power the hole set up. I'm very happy with it for now. Maybe when I loose half of my hearing i'll upgrade:devil:

Recent things done include TINT.

Future mods include: air bag system, R/T MOTORSPORTS wheels and tires, supercharger or turbo charger. air intake, under pulley, strut tower bars, and a few other things i'm cooking up.

Hope you guys like it. I guess I give new meaning to All Bundy's old brown dodge :biggrin:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/intreper/lst?&.dir=/Project+Car&.src=ph&.view=t&.last=1

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just posted new pictures of the first TREPTECH INTAKE. This is only a prototype. I really wanted to use chrome for the first intake, so I did. After doing it, and installing it, Chrome just doesnt go well with the engine bay of this car. Powder coated intake and maybe plastic prototype coming soon.:angry: Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Looks like you need a new passenger headlight....check out Ebay... I see them all the time on there for $20.00 or so.

Otherwise, looks nice.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
for anyone who missed it here's the pics of the long awaited Treptech intake, you'll notice two things

1: the factory pieces are still in place connecting to the TB

2: there is no heat shield so that pretty cone filter is gulping in that nice engine warmed air

so, unless Intreper is going to sell these to us at a very, very nice price the best bang for the buck still goes to the $140 L_Intake even with K&N panel filter you are still well under $200 and you have real performance gains to go with the pretty looks

·
Registered
973 Posts
Uh Joe, I certainly agree with you. And, didn't some of us express some concern about all of the "testing" being done? What have the tests shown us?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TO all concerned.....this is not the final piece. I just wanted to check out what chrome would look like under the hood, and I did not like it. I just made that one up before last weekend to see if it would look nice in their before I wasted my time on their.

THe real intake does repalce the most restrictive part, and i'm still playing with the idea of a heatshield, or a custom air box. Pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Sometimes you can't start with an award winning design. It takes a few iterations to work out the bugs. Not to mention make the product marketable.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the support guys. I really want to make things happen for all fellow INTREPIDS.

Here's an idea for you on what the real intake will look like. Still working out some kinks on it. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I like that style, Better air flow out of the airbox, but the other thing is that how much will it cost for something like that? and another thing, is is it even possible to have a raised box top like that with keeping the hood clearence there? I do not think something like that will work.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
another thing you should do is, get the specs from the Prowler Pro gears and make some of them.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BLKBUTE, the intake would cost somewhere around $100.00. PLastic is very inexpensive to manufacture. Even the good stuff! As for the raised box, it will work. We got some good space to work with on top of the stock air box.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree JOEKD. I actually have met the owner of PRO GEARS and would never do that to him. Just like I would not want that done to me. We talked a while back and he was willing to make some gears for me. That's how I would do it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts