DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wedged some sub box carpet inbetween the back window & the center brake light to help the deck from rattleing. it helped a little.
today i noticed that one of them fell into the space there so you can see it when i brake (its tinted over)
the $$$ stereo
would only do it by takeing it all apart but thats alot of hassle
any idea how to get it out w/o hurting the tint?

[Sent via T-Mobile V360]

·
Registered
510 Posts
As far as I know we are recquired to have that center brake light - when i was gettin my new spoiler on we had to add the center brake light to it...

just throwin in my two cents

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the light is part of the rear deck... to get to it you have to take off the seat & everything

[Sent via T-Mobile PocketPC]

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Guess you need to take the seat apart.

Sorry

As to the rattling sheet metal, use some dynamat or some strips of MDF and glue them to the underside of the panel with construction adhesive. Just be sure to brace them up until the adhesive dries.
If the light is rattling on the glass, maybe you can loosen it and work it backwards until it deosn't touch? I'm not sure as I have never taken one out of a first gen.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hah, even if I replaced the third brake light (bass kept breaking the damn bulbs) You wouldnt really be able to see the light through the tint. I've got 2 and a half percent in back- now if I could get UBER bright l.e.d's I might consider replacing it :p But yeah, take the seats apart and pull the shelf off, its really not too bad, takes maybe 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
yup at first i thought the seat removal was a pain but turned out to be a piece of cake. i took my rear deck out to change my 11 yr old speakers back there. I now cut the backs out to where the 6x9s go. So if down the road i want to change them i dont have to take the seats out. saves me a time.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i really really dont want to take it apart.
there is a small space, or crack, by the light there. suppose there is something or some way to pull it out. pliers are too big... any ideas on doing it like that?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
what happened did the plastic red housing crack if so use red tape to that it looks whole. if not u will have to take the back seats out to get to that back light. also see in the trunk if there is a way to get to it. im pretty sure its mounted under the rear deck. back seats are a piece of cake to take out.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright, i got the thing taken apart. i didn't take the seatbelts off cause i can't find my torx sockets...

after i got the things out that i wanted i turned music on and noticed that it was still rattleing. i got back there to find that some of the screws that hold the 6x9s in/down were not tightened down well enuf, i tightened then up & it seems much better.
i haven't put it back together yet in case i think of something else to take care of, but i cross my fingers to fix all the noisy vibrations ive got

oh, and it sounds nice without the seat in the way! wow didn't notice that before!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts