DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 es, I have searched this site numerous times looking for a way to trouble shoot the auto lock feature. It no longer aut locks the doors. I figure there must be some parts that went bad. I tried to program and get nothing. Is ther a vacuum line somewhere? or a wire or connection i should look for? I dont even know where to start. Thanks, and IF someone already has this resolved please send me the link....Thanks again

·
Registered
843 Posts
I know its a feature that even if your car didnt have the dealer can program it in.I believe the BCM controlls that feature.I dont know of anything that can offset the program. Just out of curiousity how has your spedo been working??Maybe your output sensor on the tranny isnt sending a good signal and the bcm cant read it??

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Just wondering which program did you use? The only thing that I know is that you have to go to a dealer and have them use a DRG tool and program the BCM to do this. I know this, cause my dad is an auto tech. at a Dodge dealership. I don't think there is an alternate way to gain this feature unfortunatly.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry folks. I decided to try the programing again, but this time kept the doors closed as stated. It work for me know.....

Thanks again. :icon_roll

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
did you try this, which btw is located in the second generation FAQs:

Why do my doors lock every time I drive the car?

This feature is called Autolock. The doors will automatically lock if the car is in gear, all doors are closed and vehicle speed is above 15MPH

How do I disable/enable this feature?

The automatic locks can be enabled or disabled by performing the following steps

1: close all doors and place the key in the ignition

2: cycle the ignition switch ON and OFF 4 times ending in the OFF position

3: depress the power lock switch

A single chime will indicate the completion of the programming

What is Central locking?

Central locking is a feature that allows you to control all doors from the driver's outside door lock. Locking the door using the key in the drivers lock will lock all doors. You can also unlock all doors by turning the key to the unlock position twice in 5 seconds. The first turn will unlock the drivers door only, the second turn will unlock all doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts