DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I do not get sound from the AM / AM radio that was factory installed. The cassette play normal / perfect, and sound comes from all speakers.
Thugs broke into car, and stole the 6 CD (FM modulated) changer that was connected to the factory radio - In going so, they did something to the radio.
With radio power ON, all I hear is the static but no reception on AM nor on FM.
Can I do something myself to mend this? HELP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intrepid99:
Thanks.
The trunk-end connection where antenna is at the back of the car, is connected. Is it possible to go to the bcak of the radio, inside the car, and check for the lose/unplugged antenna?

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Yes, but you have to remove the stereo to make sure it is connected.

When I installed my RF changer, it had a small metal box that went behind my head unit that plugged into the antenna cable back there, and then from there to the stereo.

If it's not the antenna, then I have no idea what they did to screw up your stereo?

However, if they went thru al the trouble of getting your head unit out, then my guess is they would have taken that, too (and not put it back in)!

My guess is when taking the changer, they would have just cut the cables in the trunk. It may be possible they cut the antenna cable too? Might want to check that out?

Sorry I can't be of more help :)

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Intrepid99 ]

·
Registered
187 Posts
While you have your radio out.

You may want to stop by a local scrap yard. Check and see if you can get the cd/tape/AM & FM radio unit. It fits in same location and most salvage it for under $50. Seen a couple today while searching for my OTIS.

sURFN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts