DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K&N makes an AirCharger Intake System for the 3.5 2nd gen...... true.....?

The answer is.....YES..... the mutha freakin' do.....

My question is...... If i buy one of these can i put it on my 3.2L 2nd gen. I think i can..... just need to see what you guys think...... thanks

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
oh yeah, she will slip on there like... well mabe I should just leave it with, it will work.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there much of a price difference between the 2.7L intake and the 3.5L one......? The're pretty expensive.....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah bro, what's up!

From my inspection and comparison of the 3.2L and 3.5L 2nd gen engines and layouts, the 3.5L kit should work just fine. I don't know for sure since I never got the chance to install my 3.5L kit in my 3.2L ES so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a problem. The 2.7L has a slightly different layout so I exchanged my 3.5L kit for the new 2.7L I bought.

Everywhere wants about $269.00 for the K&N kit, you should be able to get it for $229.00 like I did from Martel Brothers Racing, www.martelbros.com

Nice dubs!

Take care man!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey RYAN, you have any pics of your wood trim interior? dont see your pics in the pic section. :confused:

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: jwc553911 ]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll try and put up some pics of the my interior as soon as my buddy lets me borrow his digital camera......... its simple, but looks very nice......

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Search Results: You Searched For:

Year=2001
Make=Dodge
Model=Intrepid
8 Matches Found (displaying 1 to 8)
Model Engine Product Part No Comments

Intrepid 2.7L V6 F/I Aircharger Off Road Kit 63-1030 All
Intrepid 3.5L V6 F/I Aircharger Off Road Kit 63-1029 All
Intrepid 2.7L V6 F/I K&N Air Filter 33-2136 All
Intrepid 3.2L V6 F/I K&N Air Filter 33-2136 All
Intrepid 3.5L V6 F/I K&N Air Filter 33-2136 R/T
Intrepid 2.7L V6 F/I K&N Oil Filter HP-2004 (R)
Intrepid 3.2L V6 F/I K&N Oil Filter HP-2004 (J)
Intrepid 3.5L V6 F/I K&N Oil Filter HP-2004 (G)

These results are a complete list of K&N products available for the vehicle entered. We release new products weekly. If you are looking for a product that is not available for your vehicle, please check back occasionally.

local speed shop price for my R/T, part num. 63-1029 @ United Speed World here in St. Pete. = $uhh...too new, he has to call Cali for pricing..crap-o-la

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your Intrepid looks tight man....... those 20's are sweet.....
How much would rims like that cost......?
I found one of your pictures on the lowrider.com site. The picture was with another 2nd Generation Intrepid, he had 20's aswell(i guess hes your bud). I try and make a point of posting really interesting pictures of Intrepids that i find on this site. I must say your Intrepid and your friends are pretty damn cool. I think you bud was kinda pissed that i posted a pic. of one of the Intrepids on his site....... i hope he wasn't really pissed.
Anyhow..... welcome to this board..... roll out.......

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not that I want to be a troll or anything, but I'm kinda fanning the flames here... Which would be better for a 3.2 Second Gen, the L_Intake or the K&N Air Charger, opinions? :confused:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the K&N Intake Kit is simply the better assembly for the 3.2/3.5'ers. Not to knock the L_Intake, but i'm not fond of all the pieces that go into make it. I just like the fact that the K&N'er is one solid piece and its made by K&N, a company with a good reputation.

My $0.02......

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ryan makes a good argument for the K&N, I in fact do like K&N and use their filter. HOWEVER, the Lister (L-intake) does away with the 90 degree bent piece of plastic that hooks onto the TB itself. That piece alone is responsible for most, if not all, of the airflow restriction in the stock tubing, resonator, airbox configuration.
And that is my $.02

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
As far as we know right now, they probably both work as well as the other.

It really comes down to a few things:

1. Would you like to do the work yourself (and possibly customize the L_Intake to your liking), or would you rather just drop the cash and order from K&N?

2. The L_Intake (although it requires more work) is cheaper than the K&N, by around $100.

As far as my statement on performance, I am guessing they will be about the same gain (won't know until someone gets the K&N and tests it...). GR8WHT had made a Stage 2 L_Intake with a K&N cone filter, and it had NO performance gains over the regular L_Intake with the stock airbox.

As for me, I'm having an L_Intake made for me. I am having it customized to match my car, as well as saving some money.

GR8WHT put a lot of time and money into designing his intake. It's definately worth considering :)

Anyways, in the end, the decision is yours :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sounds all good... I like hte K&N logo becuase it's racognized, but again, the customized look of hte L-Intake is pretty nice, but only with the rams head on it. ;) Now anyone want to put one of the L_Intakes together for me? :D
I just don't have the tools at home and would likely have to wait until spring to use my dads. So if anyone get's ambitious enough, drop me a line... email address is in the sig. :D <hopes>

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here's the response I got back from K&N:

"Dear customer,
63-1029 includes our intake tube, conical filter with heat shield and all necessary hardware. It gives a 5 - 7 % HP increase. I can tell you that it does replace the entire intake tract all the way to the TB.

Thanks for asking."

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank GOD for that info...... the decision is final, i'm gettin' myself a K&N Intake as soon as possible. I just don't have the time to make one of those custom intakes...... even though they're really great.

·
Registered
138 Posts
:mad: :mad: NEWS FLASH :mad: :mad:

K&N has blantantly lied, or is at least guilty of employing dump ass reps. I just received the install instructions for their Aircharger Kit. Despite their assurances to the contrary, they indeed reuse the 90 degree elbow from the OEM intake that attaches to the TB.

L Intake here I come! :D

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: Rick W ]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts